Autoupdating an Access Form from a Website (1 Viewer)

Orange56

Local time
Today, 01:30
I am currently working within Access 2013. I have built a Database that revolves around applicants submitting for a Job. The database is set up so that a person can apply for many different jobs, when the same person applies for a job through our website (uses JotForms) it automatically updates the database. I have a python script pulling the applicants submission information from an email which updates the database. The problem that I am running into is that within the database I have the applicants primary email set to no duplicates, thus not allowing the same person to apply for many different jobs as the python script is trying to create a new record within the database causing an error.

Within my Access form (VBA) what do I need to write to tell my database if the primary emails are the same only create a new record within the position applied for table that is related to the persons primary email?

Tables:

tblPerson_Information
Personal_ID (PK)
First_Name
Last_Name
Clearance_Type
Primary_Phone
Primary_email
Education_Level

tblPosition_Applied_for
Position_ID
Position_Personal_ID (FK)
Date_of_Submission

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:30
sounds like your tables are not set up correctly. You need at least three tables - an applicants table, a jobs table and an applications table - and possibly a 4th one to hold cv's

primary emails would go into applicant table and you would have one record per applicant

jobs would contain a list of jobs available

and applications is what you would be updating with uniqueID for applicant and job - if a new applicant then you would need to add them to the applicants table first

Orange56

Local time
Today, 01:30
sounds like your tables are not set up correctly. You need at least three tables - an applicants table, a jobs table and an applications table - and possibly a 4th one to hold cv's

primary emails would go into applicant table and you would have one record per applicant

jobs would contain a list of jobs available

and applications is what you would be updating with uniqueID for applicant and job - if a new applicant then you would need to add them to the applicants table first

Thank you CJ_London,

I previously had my database set up in three different tables. The problem that I encountered when I did this, is that when I split my database my FE subforms would be misaligned (as some would be based off of each other) and the same functionality that I had before I split the database was not kept after I split the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom