"Type conversion failure" error when running update query (1 Viewer)

ktmchugh

Local time
Today, 15:35
When I try to run an update query, I am getting an error that says MS Access didn't update (x) fields due to a type conversion failure.

I ran the update anyhow, and the error table said that the field that was posing the problem is not the field I am trying to update. So I have no idea what the type conversion failure is, or how to deal with it. Has anyone dealt with this before and/ or have thoughts about how to fix it?

Thanks!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:35
is it an update?
are you sure the error table is the correct one?

i thought you get an error table with an insert, not with an update - but i may be wrong?

anyway - these errors are generally numbers and dates not being formatted correctly

ktmchugh

Local time
Today, 15:35
Hi,

Yes it's definitely an update query. I've attached a screen shot of the error message and also the query I'm running. I have run this query on other tables with the same formatting and had no errors. I've gone through and made sure the formatting was correct for the table I'm running this query on, and it's the way it should be (same as the other tables where this has worked). I don't know if there is something about the format of the query expression that would be the problem (although this wouldn't really make sense since it's worked for other tables).

Anyhow, I'm at a complete loss! Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
katie

Attachments

• AccessError.doc
    57.5 KB · Views: 355
  • AccessError_query.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 342

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom