seamless data transfer to excel? (1 Viewer)

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:11
I'm building a patient/therapist scheduling database. The timetable reports are very tricky to do in access and i'm only a novice but in excel I can do them relatively easily.

The database is to be used by busy therapists with little expertise in access and excel other than using an application or workbook so I need to try to make the transfer of data and display of a schedule in excel as transparent as possible.

Do you think it would be possible to arrange it so the user can click on a button in access and have the schedule display in excel without any more actions from the user?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 11:11
If it simple transfer then it would be fast. Much faster if you do it in access

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
You can set up a query in access that generates just the data set you want to use in excel. Look at how access can export to excel. Give it a unique name/location that the end users will not mess with.

In excel, use the exported spreadsheet as your source and format as you need.

Once you get better with access you may find it easier to do this as a report, but for now this should let you get running with what you need to provide.

merlin777

Registered User.
Local time
You can set up a query in access that generates just the data set you want to use in excel. Look at how access can export to excel. Give it a unique name/location that the end users will not mess with.

In excel, use the exported spreadsheet as your source and format as you need.

Once you get better with access you may find it easier to do this as a report, but for now this should let you get running with what you need to provide.

Thanks, Mark. I'm confident I can do the export myself with instructions such as yours but it won't really work for my end users. The display/print of a timetable needs to be transparent to them. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I can prepare a timetable printout fairly easily in excel but the export isn't user-transparent. If I do it all in access I think i'm going to struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom