Access 2003 and Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

thomas.dahl

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:09
I hope someone can help me.

We run a really great replicated CRM that we have written in Access 2003. It just works great and I have 8 users.

We need to think about updating some laptops and have found it impossible to get nice ones (dell xps 13 for example) that will still run Windows 7. We are not great fans of Windows 10... But it seems that we have to tow the line.

Does anyone have experience running access 2003 on windows 10? I know Microsoft says it is not supported, but this does not mean it will necessarily not work.

I do not want to move to later versions of access as we will loose replication ability.

Any ideas?

Thomas

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
Today, 15:09
Exactly what does not work.

Is the problem with Windows 10 or the version of Access that you are forced to use.

If it is Access you should be able to run two different versions at the same time. I run 2003 and 2007 on both my Lap top and my PC.

However there is another issue which I have forgotten the answer to.

I am about to post a question on that issue in a new thread.

The title will be driver not compatible with Windows 10.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:09
I do not want to move to later versions of access as we will loose replication ability.
you can write your own. You will need a control table to manage things like who synchronised and when plus a series of queries for each table to compare master and replica and then take appropriate action (better built in vba to provide seamless automation)

If you keep your backend as mdb, with frontend accdb/e you can still replicate on the backend - however just seen the post by Misty so perhaps not in Win10.

Also look at migrating back end to sql server express or MySQL - I believe they both support replication and your number of users should not be an issue although the way you synchronise will change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom