Multi-column sub-report in Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

kipcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:58
First, I am more than rusty.
Second, I am more experienced with Access 2000 and earlier than this modern ribbonised fluff. :)

I want to make a multi-column sub-report with one row and five columns that is printed twice on the master report, and I want the sub-report fed by a code generated record set. My first step was to create the sub-report fed by a test table with similar data. I set the column parameters in Page Setup.

The report would not show as columns in Report View. I did see the columnised output in Print Preview (perhaps that was the same in older Access). The first page was correct, but subsequent pages had the first iteration at a slightly higher position than the rest.

The base unit consisted of three controls: one fed from a record set, one with a constant value (to be set programmatically in the future), and one with a calculated value from the first two. The height of the detail was set to ensure that the second printing on the master report would be at the correct position. At some point, the report ceased to show any part of the sub-report in Print Preview or Report View.

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance and advice in this matter. Thank you in advance.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:58
Why can't you use a query to generate the recordset? If you use a query, you can bind the subforms and not need any code at all.

kipcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:58
I am using code to generate a recordset from the ether, not from another recordset. Code is not what is troubling me. I am having trouble getting the report to display properly.

For the sake of my testing, I am using a table and query to populate my report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom