Sid Meier's Civilisation 4 (1 Viewer)

emcf

Local time
Today, 08:11
has anyone got this game yet?? just got it last night and it looks pretty impressive although it is going to take me ages to get to grips with it - it seems huge compared to civ3. still, got the xmas holidays to get good at it!

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I've played multi-player; haven't had a chance to get into its intricacies though. I'm just glad to see the reduction in the frequency of civil disorder and the religion and unit skills add a whole new level of depth. The franchise has needed this.

emcf

Local time
SJ McAbney said:
I've played multi-player; haven't had a chance to get into its intricacies though. I'm just glad to see the reduction in the frequency of civil disorder and the religion and unit skills add a whole new level of depth. The franchise has needed this.

yes..it seems they've got rid of a few annoying aspects of civ 3.

right - i'm orf to play it!!:D

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 04:11
Just bought it and I like it a lot. I've been playing since CivII and this one is way better than CivII and CivIII.
Two things that I didn't get to see, although I didn't play much, (also waiting for X-mas to get on it) and wonder if it is still there, even though it doesn't help the gaming aspect, are:
-The 3D view of the cities with all the new buildings.
-The 3D view of the palace that you get to build as your people let you add pieces to it.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:11
Got it but a new graphics card to play it.. :(

Newman said:
-The 3D view of the cities with all the new buildings.
It is on the map now :) So no more zoom to the city needed, but if you build say the pyramids... You see them on the map too :eek:

Newman said:
-The 3D view of the palace that you get to build as your people let you add pieces to it.
No more Palace :(

Is anyone here part of civfanatics community??

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:11
To much time on other ones huh???

Did you ever try GOTM or something...??

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
I bought it for my other half for christmas seeing as it came so well recommended. Haven't really seen too much of it myself but he seems to like it.

Cheers Guys
Hay :)

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:11
I had a really hard time getting it to run on my pc but loading the 43mb patch made it work. Apparently anyone using ATI graphic cards couldn't play the game until the patch was applied. I highly recommend the patch.

Its gonna take some time getting used to the busy GUI but I believe that I will like it a lot.

The game play is a whole lot faster. You can complete a normal game in about 3 hours.

This next part is kind of off topic but i will post it anyway because it is so funny.

I was playing Civ3 online and was playing against about 8 people on a huge map. Not sure what it is called but we was playing if you lose one city then your game is over. Anyway, I was in last place by far and had only contacted 2 other civs. I could only see about 1/20th of the map. The 2 civs that i had contact with were the top 2 players in the game. One of them had about 50% of the worlds territory and was kicking but. The only reason he didn't kill me was because i was pretending to be a complete newb even though i had played civilization for a long long time. The top player was also rated in the top 10 of the ladder that I happened to be in and i was rated something like 2000th. No one would attack me because the top player said that he would kill them if they bothered me because he was teaching "the newb". He kept calling me "the newb" and that really pi***d me off. So i started to think of a way to kill the one who was protecting me. Finally with about 5 turns to go i moved my whole army of 6-7 archers into his territory and asked him if i could look at how a "real player" builds his civilization. I then moved to a mountain tile next to one of his cities that had only 1 warrior protecting it. I told him that i was sorry that i got so close to his city and that what i was trying to do was to get on the mountain so i could see further. The next turn began and i completely demolished his one city and the top player was no more. LOL
it was one of my greatest moments in online game playing ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom