How to be a really good liberal... (1 Viewer)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 05:39
KenHigg said:
They weren't my views! :eek: I just copied and pasted 'em...

(Well most of them anyway...:D )

See I knew it, I new it Kenny. well I'm actually an Oxy-moron. I'm a 'poor Republician'. Now you don't see that combination of words often.

Rich don't you DARE change my words and call me a Moron. I

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:39
KenHigg said:
I was beginning to wonder if you were ignoring this thread on purpose...;)
I probably should have, eh?

selenau837 said:
Greg, I'm a Republician and I still laughed at this. Both Yours and Kens are extreme views. I don't really know of anyone that whole heartly agrees with their party. I am Republician becuase I agree mostly with them. Some views I don't agree with, but most I do. However I may not always vote that way. I vote for the person usually, not the party. However 9 times out of 10 they are a Rep, and not a Dem. :rolleyes:
They're not my views either. I simply went for the idealogical opposite of what Ken posted. I figured it was fitting since that's how our country is run these days. I agree that the vast majority of people don't believe in either extreme.

KenHigg

Local time
Kraj said:

Think of it as sort of a mental scrimmage to help keep your wit sharp for when you do need it...;) :D

selenau837

Local time
Kraj said:

They're not my views either. I simply went for the idealogical opposite of what Ken posted. I figured it was fitting since that's how our country is run these days. I agree that the vast majority of people don't believe in either extreme.

I thought it was cute, really I did.

Kenny boy, Greg's wit is about as sharp as anyone where. I would hate to have him on the wrong side. He can cute through anyone with his words. That is a great gift. He's very good at expressing himself. I simply wish I was half as good with my word speak. I'm good vocally, but written word is not as well. My mind is much faster than my fingers. :rolleyes:

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
There's no answer to that, well there is but I daren't..................

Behave Richy boy...behave. :rolleyes:

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
I thought it was cute, really I did.

Kenny boy, Greg's wit is about as sharp as anyone where. I would hate to have him on the wrong side. He can cute through anyone with his words. That is a great gift. He's very good at expressing himself. I simply wish I was half as good with my word speak. I'm good vocally, but written word is not as well. My mind is much faster than my fingers. :rolleyes:

Hum... I'm familar with G's abilities thank you. :rolleyes:

Now if you want to see a tag team get him and Chad wound up...:D

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
KenHigg said:

Speaking of Chad, has he posted lately? I don't recall seeing anything from him in a very long time.

KenHigg

Local time
NJudson said:
Speaking of Chad, has he posted lately? I don't recall seeing anything from him in a very long time.
I see him bop in from time to time but don't remember him posting anything...

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:

I know you are doll face, but I was making a statement that I wish I had his abilities to write. I'm witty, I'll admit that, I'm just not that great with the written word. Now get me in a verbal battle of the wits, and I can stand my ground with just about anyone. :D

Who is Chad?

PS, yes Ken, I know I am so humble. Cutness and humility go hand and hand don't you think.

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
I know you are doll face, but I was making a statement that I wish I had his abilities to write. I'm witty, I'll admit that, I'm just not that great with the written word. Now get me in a verbal battle of the wits, and I can stand my ground with just about anyone. :D

Who is Chad?

PS, yes Ken, I know I am so humble. Cutness and humility go hand and hand don't you think.

I think Chad blossomed in this thread: Link:D :D :D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
He can cute through anyone with his words.
Tee hee... a Freudian typo, there? ;) :D

I do hope Chad is doing well. It'd be nice to hear from him.

Last edited:

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:39
Recently I had the opportunity to speak with an individual long in the political arena. He was very informative and actually well connected in the game. It is so interesting how both sides of the fence view each other, and how both sides get it primarly wrong. Do I mean the Liberals and Conservatives? Nope, I reference the politicians and the average Joe.
This is why the average individual only partially agrees with their party of choice. Politicians have to tow the line or they loose the support. The farther to their side they lean, they greater base support they receive.

I believe it was Winston Churchill who changed political parties during his career. When challenged by a member of the press concerning the switch he stated....

"If you are 20 years of age and are not a liberal sir, you have no heart. If you are 40 years of age and not a conservative sir, you have no brain."

Or something to that effect.

Remember that the biggest differences are those of us that feel we really do not require the finite governing of all aspects of our lives, and those who feel they should be paid to do so. If we see through the issues put up for debate by the parties we might stand a chance to have the true problems addressed. Of all the things listed in either of the postings, what really matters to you as an individual? I would rather let the majority of the issues be handled by those who have to make those tough decisions in their lives. I believe that a set standard of rules should apply, but see no need for micro management of society at large.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 04:39
Rich said:
Yes but are you dressing Mr Gorilla as a meterosexual now? :confused: :D

No I'm not. :D You're welcome to try if you would like to get punched in the face. :eek:

Seriously though, some of the metrosexual stuff I don't mind, but when it gets to a point where the guys are taking longer to primp and get ready than the girls, then there's a problem. :rolleyes:

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
You're welcome to try if you would like to get punched in the face. :eek:

I had a funny feeling that would be the reaction:D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Excellent post, Jeremie.

jeremie_ingram said:
I would rather let the majority of the issues be handled by those who have to make those tough decisions in their lives. I believe that a set standard of rules should apply, but see no need for micro management of society at large.
Philisophically, I agree with the Republican perspective here. Practically, I don't think it works, but the Democrats also go too far. There needs to be a balance between deterring and preventative laws, but both parties seem to prefer all of one and none of the other.

It is actually this point that you bring up, Jeremie, where I have my biggest problem with the Republican party. The GOP's fundamental philosophy - where they are most clearly opposite the Democrat platform - is less government and more individual liberty. But in excecution, the Republicans are more than happy to make government bigger and reduce liberty if it serves their other purposes, which I find unforgiveably hypocritical.

selenau837

Local time
Kraj said:
Tee hee... a Freudian typo, there? ;) :D

I do hope Chad is doing well. It'd be nice to hear from him.

Ummm, sure Kraj!! :eek: Oppsss

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
A Republican senator and a Democratic senator were having a discussion.
Republican: "Now, let me tax your memory."
Democrat : "How come I did not think about it first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom