American Idol (1 Viewer)

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 10:19
selenau837 said:
I loved the smurfts, snorks, Moncheches (can't remember how to spell it), super friends, Thunder Cats, He-Man, Shera, Rainbow Bright,and Care Bears. They don't make cartoons like they use to.

Now, I'm really tellin' my age. Matty, do you remember any of those cartoons being a young buck and all. :D ;)

Yup, most of them. I watched the Smurfs, had Snorks jammies, Thunder Cats and He-Man figurines and my sister had Rainbow Brite and Care Bear toys. :D

I loved Astroboy as a kid as well.

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 11:19
Matty said:
Yup, most of them. I watched the Smurfs, had Snorks jammies, Thunder Cats and He-Man figurines and my sister had Rainbow Brite and Care Bear toys. :D

I loved Astroboy as a kid as well.

Astroboy? I don't remember that one.

SheRa and Thundercats were my absolute favorite. I also loved watching Wonder Woman and Dukes of Hazard when I was a kid. I had Super Woman, Wonder Woman and Daisy Duke UnderRoos when I was a kid as well. :cool: I was cool.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
selenau837 said:

It was actually a re-make of an old cartoon back in the early 60s. I don't know why I liked it so much -- I really can't stand most japanimation now.

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:

I'm guessing for the grand kids. Grandpa probably enjoys watching them with the grand babies.

I love Disney movies myself. I get them when ever I can. My collection got left with the ex, but I'm on my way to starting my collection back up.

I am now back up to 70 DVD's. I got all of those since Oct when I left 'em. I would say 50 of those DVD's are all kid movies of some type or another.

Matty,
I enjoy japanimation, but none of them I can speak about here. :eek: :eek:

R

Rich

selenau837 said:

SheRa and Thundercats were my absolute favorite. I also loved watching Wonder Woman and Dukes of Hazard when I was a kid. I had Super Woman, Wonder Woman and Daisy Duke UnderRoos when I was a kid as well. :cool: I was cool.
God you guys are all sounding old:cool:
I have read in the history books here, Col, Len and Bri can confirm this of course, that saturday morning television didn't exist at all in their day, let alone carntoons on the box.
No they had to go to the picturehouse to watch saturday morning shows, and stand up on stage to get a certificate and badge when it was their birthday and sing songs such as "we are the minors of the ABC" and they'd get glow in the dark radioactive badges, ah the good old days, as they'd say

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
God you guys are all sounding old:cool:
I have read in the history books here, Col, Len and Bri can confirm this of course, that saturday morning television didn't exist at all in their day, let alone carntoons on the box.
No they had to go to the picturehouse to watch saturday morning shows, and stand up on stage to get a certificate and badge when it was their birthday and sing songs such as "we are the minors of the ABC" and they'd get glow in the dark radioactive badges, ah the good old days, as they'd say

You got all that from the History books eh Richy boy. I'm sure you were part of the generation that loves He-Man and SheRa aren't you. Ohh, but you WAY :rolleyes: younger than me, so you probably don't even know what those cartoons are do you Richy boy? :rolleyes: :confused:

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
I'm sure you were part of the generation that loves He-Man and SheRa aren't you. Ohh, but you WAY :rolleyes: younger than me, so you probably don't even know what those cartoons are do you Richy boy? :rolleyes: :confused:
Shazam :cool:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
I have to admit my DVD collection consists mainly of kids stuff :eek: :eek: ;)

Mine's about half and half. I love all of the Disney animated films myself so I always pick them up when I see them. :eek: ;)

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
Mine's about half and half. I love all of the Disney animated films myself so I always pick them up when I see them. :eek: ;)
Well you must have jungle book and beauty and the beast:cool:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
Well you must have jungle book and beauty and the beast:cool:

:D Actually, I don't have those yet...

(But I did have Beauty and the Beast way back in the days of VHS. Not in DVD though. :eek: )

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
I always had a fondness for Bugs Bunny cartoons and other Looney Tunes cartoons on Saturday mornings. :eek:

Good call. I love those too. These are cartoon classics that will withstand the test of time unlike many other cartoons that have come and gone over the years.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:19
I'm going to leave off Bucky this week. It just wasn't fair making a bunch of amateurs sing Queen songs. I mean how can you expect to sound half decent when you're being compared to Freddie Mercury? Ace was absolutely horrible...and the funniest part of the whole show (which had me rolling on the floor laughing) was when Brian May told Ace "We're not going to play your arrangement" Stick that in your pipe and smoke it LMAO :D :D :D

P.S Brian May is in my top 5 all-time list of rock guitarists. He is fricken awesome.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:19
Rich said:
Behind who else ?

Now let's not get into an argument over this - this is just an opinion :D

1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Pete Townshend
3=) David Gilmour, Brian May
5) Jimmy Page

4 of 'em are fricken British! That ain't right let me try again :p

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Now let's not get into an argument over this - this is just an opinion :D

1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Pete Townshend
3=) David Gilmour, Brian May
5) Jimmy Page

4 of 'em are fricken British! That ain't right let me try again :p

You didn't quite get it right

1=)Eric Clapton, Mick Taylor
2) David Gilmore
3) Hendrix
4) Johnny Winter
5) George Thorogood
6) Joe Walsh
7) Page
8) Brian May
9) Townshend
10) Peter Green

Oh Sh**, there are too many Yanks in the list, I'll draw up a much more constructive one:mad: :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom