Paintball (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 02:55
Is this just a southern thing or is it a growing fad all over the US and in the UK?

Link

Paintball parks are popping up everywhere around here...:eek:

(fyi - No, I've never tried it...:rolleyes: )

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:55
KenHigg said:
Paintball parks are popping up everywhere around here...:eek:

(fyi - No, I've never tried it...:rolleyes: )
Better using real bullets isn't it Ken? at least you can actually kill or wound someone - surely paintball is bit tame.;) :D

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Better using real bullets isn't it Ken? at least you can actually kill or wound someone - surely paintball is bit tame.;) :D

Col

In your attempt to be clever you left out the real reason...Practice.:p

Actually it's great fun for many people, young and, not so young. It serves some primal need most males have to run through the woods chasing enemies; without actually harming anyone.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
It serves some primal need most males have to run through the woods chasing enemies; without actually harming anyone.

Rather suprising that it's taken off in the US then :confused:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
I have been dying to play paintball, but I have heard that it really hurts. So you're comment, JSanders, about not hurting anyone, may not be that true. Maybe just not killing anyone.

Lisa

Jibbadiah

James
Local time
Today, 16:55
If everyone planning to join the army played a few games of paintball first they would realise how easy it is to get shot... then perhaps no one would be so foolish... or maybe it would just encourage more ppl in the US to join?!

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
I have been dying to play paintball, but I have heard that it really hurts. So you're comment, JSanders, about not hurting anyone, may not be that true. Maybe just not killing anyone.

Lisa
I said harming, it's a mater of degree. But it's not any more damaging then Football or even that pansy game soccer.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Exploding balls!

Rich said:
Rather suprising that it's taken off in the US then :confused:

........lol.....................

They probably have paint balls filled with nitroglycerine!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
jsanders said:
I said harming, it's a mater of degree. But it's not any more damaging then Football or even that pansy game soccer.

You got that wrong! We (and most of the world) play football, you play rugby with full body armor. Now that's what I call sissy.

KenHigg

Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:

They probably have paint balls filled with nitroglycerine!

Yeah probably...:rolleyes:

Those crass yanks : Link

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Today, 18:55
Paintball is so much fun, yes it can leave a nice welt but that’s just half the fun. We’ll fun may not be the right word but the fact that you can be quite nicely “shot up” makes you keep you head and the rest of your body down.
Most people find that they are no where near as fit as they think they are. People want to go hard but the body is weak.
Still with the anticipation of danger around every tree, bunker or ditch the bloods up and it is a very good rush.
But it’s a bit like big bore motorcycles or skydiving, not everyone’s cup of tea.

If you get a chance give it a go. :D

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:55
jsanders said:
...It serves some primal need most males have to run through the woods chasing enemies...
or experience the other long lost primal experience: being CHASED by enemies --> ANIMALS.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Jibbadiah said:
If everyone planning to join the army played a few games of paintball first they would realise how easy it is to get shot... then perhaps no one would be so foolish...
i think exactly the same thing. just play any online shooter game to discover the same thing.

i still haven't played (but want to try). i hear a new one has opened up somewhere here in KL! what next!

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:55
wazz said:
... play any online shooter game ....

What ..are the bullets coming thru your screen and hit you ? :confused:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
rak said:
What ..are the bullets coming thru your screen and hit you ? :confused:
seems so sometimes. :eek: :rolleyes: it's just so easy to be killed. and like most things, there's always someone better...or someone with a better connection! :D :cool:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:
You got that wrong! We (and most of the world) play football, you play rugby with full body armor. Now that's what I call sissy.

Funny Unc. hehehehe

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Hey, its been a while since I've been on here. While I don't really play much anymore since all my friends are now married and have kids I have played a fair amount in the past and we usually do get together once or twice a year now and play it. I don't have as much fun now as I used to, but it is a good time. Don't worry about it hurting, its not bad at all. Just make sure you wear at least 2 layers of clothing, some kind of glove and of course the mask is an absolute requirement. I have a head thing too that comes down and covers the sides and back of my neck. Probably the most painful shot I got was in the front of my neck just next to my adam's apple....ouch.

I've only played 2 outdoor places and 1 indoor. I didn't care for the indoor at all because aside from my friends there was a bunch of other people that were really good and had high end equipment....they kicked my butt. Usually, we'd play at my friend's grandmothers house. She had a small patch of woods and a field behind her place. The games we usually played was the typical 2-team last man standing thing, civil war and border patrol.

Civil war was played in the field where the 2 teams stood in parallel lines about 100 feet apart and everyone took there hoppers off so it was single shot, load, single shot, load...etc and the two teams marched closer and closer till the other team was wiped out.

Border patrol was great. The border patrol team crammed into my friends jeep and they slowly drove back and forth along the woods and the "mexicans" waited in the woods for a chance to race to the other side of the field (U.S.). Many times the mexican team got drilled big time before making it across (Yes, I know not very politically correct. :D )

Another tradition we'd have was playing on each other's bachelor party. We'd play paintball during the day and grill out for lunch then go home clean up and go out and party at the bars. When we finished up the paintball the the day the bachelor would "run the gauntlet". Everyone would chip in 5 bucks to take a shot at the bachelor who would make about a 50-60 yard dash to the finish line where at the end of the line was the cash that everyone chipped in. The shooters line up along the course and would absolutely unload on the bachelor before he reached the end. Boy did that hurt when I did it. Fortunately my bachelor party was 2 weeks before the wedding so I didn't have any welts left over for my honeymoon. :p Getting shot here and there while playing isn't bad. Getting nailed dozens of times during about a 10-15 second sprint really smarts. Thats ok though, it was probably the fastest 60 bucks I ever made. :D

KenHigg

Local time
I was talking to a friend here about this and he said a buddy he played with had frozen a bunch of paintballs before playing:eek: :eek: :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom