Outlook Email Management Ticketing System In MS Access (1 Viewer)

arjun5381

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:11
Dear Team, I have a shared email id and it is configured in MS Outlook 2007.

Some time we are initiating a new email and sending it to customer for more input and some time customer is initiated new email for resolving their issue (with attachment / without attachment, attachment format not fixed)

we are communicating many times with the customer in the same email till issue not resolved.

I have multiple manpower to response every emails to the customer but here is the problem to distribute workload with our team members and also not able to track if any email missed, we are not able to calculate team performance, also we are not able to track email response time.

If someone is wrongly closed any email and when this issue will come as escalation we are not able to find out who was closed.

I need your help for building an Outlook Email Management Ticketing System with the help of MS Access VBA.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:11
If you want a reliable process, don't rely on email to run your process.
Raise a ticket in a database and track it from there.

Email is not a ticketing system.

arjun5381

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:11
thanks for your suggestion but how can it is possible.....

we received first initiated email on our outlook from customer side so how can i create a ticket in new application. (email volume everyday 2.5K to 3K) so manually is not possible, and if you talking any automated process so how can i store email details in a table including (from, to, cc, subject, body, attachment)

can you please describe your solution in details, or if any code is already you have related this please share me.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:11
Details for this kind of thing CANNOT come from this site because your description of requirements is vague enough that it is difficult to form the mental image. (At least, I know that is how some of us work.)

Therefore, I will make a divergent comment that is on point, but perhaps coming from a different angle. Your problem is a combination of factors.

1. The initiating e-mail is, as you put it, not quite but almost random in format. So picking out details by machine is just not going to work.

2. You have an issue with identification of a ticket's activity and closure history but your work method does not seem to support that identification.

3. Without a LOT of work, e-mail systems do not log mail arrivals and departures beyond a very cursory event log that is hard to find and, worse, distributed - so hard to gather.

Your problem is that you are trying to adapt something that isn't built for what you want to do and would take a TON of work. You cannot solve this problem. It is NOT possible in a lifetime.

HOWEVER... if you can CHANGE the problem then you have some shot at making this work. But you MUST get away from the disorganized business flow you currently claim to have in place. It will eat your lunch, eat your socks, and eventually eat your soul.

Now let me try to make a suggestion to see if you might wish to even consider it. There ARE such things as Word documents that can be machine-read so that you could have the end user fill out a form and send it as an attachment. Then issue very strict instructions to use a particular subject line in the e-mail. It IS possible to (a) have Access read a particular e-mail folder and (b) read the contents of an attachment. If your users don't have Word, there is also such a thing as a PDF user-filled document that even works with free Adobe products.

Forgive me if this sounds a bit harsh, but you have no business plan. Or what you have looks like a failed preliminary result of the old saying about how 100 monkeys sitting at 100 typewriters would eventually write "Romeo & Juliet." If your business plan is this disorganized, Access WILL NOT HELP.

Access is just a tool. The smarts are not in the tool - they are in the tool's user. This kind of chaos CAN be solved - but not by automation. It can ONLY be solved by careful thought to change the chaos into something more orderly. You have a LOT of up-front work to do before you should EVER attempt to write any code for this problem.

I sincerely hope you understand I'm not trying to be mean-spirited. But you need to see the reality of what you asked from a design point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom