About "Control Quantity" (1 Viewer)

notrino

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:52
Hello,
You know, if forms are including 25pcs. control, then the performance test giving warning message for about "reduce control quantity". My main form is including 16pcs control and 1 unit subform. The subform is including 15pcs. control. So totaly, main form is including 32pcs control. But in this situation, performance test is not giving any warning message. But;
When I attached 1 more control to the main form, it's giving warning message. I didn't understand this control quantities. Would you explain it please?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Can't remember I see such a warning? :confused:
Is it a split database? If yes, what is your backend database running on, a SQL-server or ..?

notrino

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

No it is not split database. I attached my form and performance analyser screen pictures.

Attachments

• form1.JPG
    form1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 104
  • warning.JPG
    warning.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 91

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Oh I see, I never use that "Analyze Performance", (therefore I haven't seen the warning it before)! :)
You don't need to take any notice of that if you don't like.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:52
Slightly slow of fingers today obviously :)

notrino

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,
Yes I asked this question a lot of forms..What is wrong, I didn't understand.
Not every forum is responsible for itself? Not every forum has its own earnings through advertisements? If not, why take your time and answer?I'm sorry, I don't know why people are willing to volunteer.
I'm an only user. So I'm searching answere for my question. Some forums giving more effective solutions, some ones are not. It is normal. Isn't it?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If you read the excelguru article you should understand.
Its nothing to do with site traffic or advertising revenue.
Everyone who answers at all 3 sites that we are aware you posted at does so for free. It is a courtesy to all those people to inform them that you have posted elsewhere & provide the links. Similarly to inform each forum when you have a solution.

In this case you received almost identical answers at each site.
Some people only read / contribute to one site.
Others participate in several forums.
However, if you think some forums give more effective answers, just post on those sites.

notrino

Registered User.
Local time
Since you see that I've sent the same question to different forums, you're looking for information from other forums to answer this question, don't you think?So the number of people around the world who can answer these and similar questions is 3-5 people and others just looking for a solution by jumping from one forum to another?If the senior members of the forums are looking for solutions from other forums, why don't all the forum owners get together and unite under one forum?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Since you see that I've sent the same question to different forums, you're looking for information from other forums to answer this question, don't you think?So the number of people around the world who can answer these and similar questions is 3-5 people and others just looking for a solution by jumping from one forum to another?If the senior members of the forums are looking for solutions from other forums, why don't all the forum owners get together and unite under one forum?

First of all thank you for asking the latest question at each forum.
I'll let someone else answer you at the other sites

From your answer, am I correct in thinking you haven't read (or perhaps didn't understand) the excelguru article?

I'm one of the people who answers at several forums.
Whilst we can all look for answers elsewhere if needed, 'senior members of forums' have sufficient experience not to need to do so very often
... and there are far more than 3-5 experts in Access at each forum.
Your question could have been (indeed was) answered by several people as it was in fact quite straightforward.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:52
notrino, you don't understand.

The senior folks who jump from one site to another are dedicated to helping people but not limited to this site. They are not looking for the answer to your question. They probably already know. And may have posted under a different name on the other forums so that you don't realize they are watching.

What they care about is that YOU have an answer to your question. But when you "shop around" without telling us, you waste the time of people who want to help as many people as possible. Your "shopping around" strategy has the effect of diluting our effectiveness. Which is why we object. If we knew that you already had an answer, we would have skipped to someone else's question. Instead, we waste our time giving you a duplicate answer and as long as the answers are close, you only needed one of them. Which makes you a resource hog.

In a new user, "shopping around" without revealing it is perhaps forgiveable once or twice. After that, you get a reputation of being a time-waster. That does nobody any good. Not you. Not us. Not anybody.

notrino

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

Obviously the issue is not the difficulty or simplicity of my question. The issue is; Forum Logic!
I read the Excelguru site. Obviously, the logic there didn't make sense to me.The Doc_Man saying "Seniors are dedicated to helping people". Haha, it's very funny. Are the seniors prophetess? Anyway, in my opinion all forums are merged under one roof.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:52
You are entitled to your opinion. You may at some point discover that you are incorrect. Until that time, good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom