Well what were the odds of that? (1 Viewer)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:47
Well today was an interesting/ surprising one for sure, I was filming a guy for a client who was doing some golf club/ golf ball tricks, you know the thing (he wasn't that bad actually) but as I was setting up I noticed the club the client had brought in for him to use (he didn't have his own in the country) and it had a leather grip and shaft similar to one I used to have.

So I took it out of the bag and guess what............it was my club :eek: (we'll technically my grandfathers who gave it to me). I recognised it straight away as it an old Mashie Niblick or a 7 iron in modern terms. The nicks on the blade were as I remember , the shaft is unique as it is metal but painted to look like wood (the original wooden shaft broke and my grandfather had a new metal one made) and the grip had come away at the top exactly in the right place.

I asked the client (out of interest) where she got the club from and she told me it was left behind by the previous home owners, so I told her it was actually mine and went onto describe the bag it was in (which matched) along with the the other clubs that were with it.

Here's the surprise – the bag and clubs were stolen from my car about 10 years ago.

So they ended up in a house a client of ours who brought it in for a one off unique event that will probably never happen again.

So I'm now reunited with a beloved club I used as chip and run special – how's that! Put a smile on my face after 2 weeks of hellish work on toast. :D

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:47
That is definitely an interesting story. Cool stuff.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 05:47
Find out who the previous owners were and call the cops on them! There's some sweet, albeit delayed, revenge!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:47
Find out who the previous owners were and call the cops on them! There's some sweet, albeit delayed, revenge!

They may have bought the clubs from a yard sale, or another person, and by who knows before them. 10 years is a long time and they could have passed hands several times in that period.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
They may have bought the clubs from a yard sale, or another person, and by who knows before them. 10 years is a long time and they could have passed hands several times in that period.

But what if they didn't?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
What a small world this is. I recently found out that one of my good friend's since early high school's Mom (about 15 years) worked with my Mom a few years ago for a few years. Craziness.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Well today was an interesting/ surprising one for sure, I was filming a guy for a client who was doing some golf club/ golf ball tricks, you know the thing (he wasn't that bad actually) but as I was setting up I noticed the club the client had brought in for him to use (he didn't have his own in the country) and it had a leather grip and shaft similar to one I used to have.

So I took it out of the bag and guess what............it was my club :eek: (we'll technically my grandfathers who gave it to me). I recognised it straight away as it an old Mashie Niblick or a 7 iron in modern terms. The nicks on the blade were as I remember , the shaft is unique as it is metal but painted to look like wood (the original wooden shaft broke and my grandfather had a new metal one made) and the grip had come away at the top exactly in the right place.

I asked the client (out of interest) where she got the club from and she told me it was left behind by the previous home owners, so I told her it was actually mine and went onto describe the bag it was in (which matched) along with the the other clubs that were with it.

Here's the surprise – the bag and clubs were stolen from my car about 10 years ago.

So they ended up in a house a client of ours who brought it in for a one off unique event that will probably never happen again.

So I'm now reunited with a beloved club I used as chip and run special – how's that! Put a smile on my face after 2 weeks of hellish work on toast. :D

Did you give her a reward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom