Write game Trainers (1 Viewer)

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:45
Has anyone here ever written a trainer for a game?

I just tried it myself but unsuccessful. I just got a new great game, DOW Winter Assault and 've been looking for a trainer all over the web. Because it's new (released in Sept 05, I believe), there hasn't been a trainer for it. That motivated me to make one myself. I found several softwares such as GameHack, Trainer Maker Kit, GameCheater which claim to help finding the memory locations of those things in game that I want to modify. So far, they found nothing for me.

Are there some special tricks in finding these memory locations?

Thanks

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 11:45
Okay, what's a trainer?

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Trainers

Whew, finally, a response.

A trainer modifies your profile's "stats" (i.e. resources, lives, money, ammo...) in realtime while playing. It's a way to cheat your games.

As you may have known, games when playing, store your "stats" in memory locations.

The way it works is that when created, memory locations of those "stats" are hard-coded and when running, it can modify those locations programmatically by hot keys.

Hope that's good enough. Thnx

kilobyte

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds shifty. I hope no one has ever used one of those against me. It'd be a shame for someone to cheapen my favorite game by reducing it to a download contest. Sounds like something a grade schooler would do. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't like the sound of it.

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Most or all trainers do not work when playing online. Of course, they're for Single Player campaigns only. Myself, never played a game online, not even tried. Those who do, gotta have a lot of time, probably not working or so. With trainers, the main thing I look for is the ability to speed up building time (i.e. quick build). Games are meant to entertain, not a time spender.

Just like to add -

AngelsGuardian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:45
Indeed..trainers are used for local play and not online. I used to think they were bad and all but its not so bad afterall... it's you and your game.

If you wanna cheat your local game for any reason
ex.:
To hard for you ( THAT is not excusable ;)
You went trough the game and now want to rampage everything or try new things you never could because you never had enough power or cash (That is excusable)

Wathever reason... Trainer are a good thing to explore a game in dept but be all aware that some hackers use them to implant trojan in your machine.
About trojan... sometimes the trainer will trigger your anti-virus with a trojan alert ... it still may not be one.

All that sounds like babling ?

yes it was..i feel like typing my mind hehe

kilobyte

Registered User.
Local time
I see. Messing with the game by yourself is always fun. Don't they usually write codes like that into the game? It sounds like a strategy game. In any case, I don't think anybody on here has ever written one.

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 06:45
Yeah, when I beat a game I usually like to then go back through it using the "built-in" cheat codes like God-mode, all weapons, max ammo...etc. Pretty fun. :D Although, I have been known to get stuck on a part and use the cheat codes to get past it. :eek:

Also, I don't know if it's just my computer or not, but there have been games where enabling cheat codes screwed up a mission. For example, in Medal of Honor there was a part that after I turned on cheat codes there was a "mission trigger" that didn't kick in and I was stuck on that board and couldn't advance. Sometimes I think these things are a bit buggy.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 20:15
Be careful with non-builtin cheats... apart from danger of malware as mentioned, if you do ever decide to play online, your old cheats (or remains of them) may be detected & get you kicked off.
A lot of online games now have PunkBuster or similar to detect cheats, and they don't just look for actively running ones...

tkoh78

Desmond
Local time
Hi,

I have not written a trainer myself. But maybe I can help you out by asking few questions.
1. Is "stat" that you want to change numeric?
2. Do you know if the game checks for changes in memory?
3. Have you try gamewiz?

Basically gamewiz is the one that I use the most for "cheating" or change "stats". Or sometimes I use Hex editor. Try both see if works.

symantic

Local time
This is kind of an old post but i can help.
Ive been making game trainers online and offline for the past 6 months.
The gamehacking community generally defines a trainer as a program that alters a desired memory address/process to do something that will benefit the user.

An example would be unlimited money or unlimited ammo.

I have written many great tutorials on this but i dont want to post links to my website here, please if you want to get free information from a trainer programmer contact me
I also do requests, just contact me with what you want and if i can get access to the game/program i will make it for you.

Email: Goten_909@hotmail.com
Msn: Goten_909@hotmail.com
xfire : Symantic

thank you and have a great day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom