Macro for creating a field in a table (1 Viewer)

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:03
Is it possible to create a macro that makes a field? If so, how does one achieve this?

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:03
Why do you need a Macro for this? Open the table in design view and add the field and its properties.

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
I thought there might be a way to make data entry for someone who doesn't know how to use Access.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Creating fields isn't data entry. I smell an improperly structured database. Post the name of the fields currently in your table and what this new field(s) would be called.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:03
I thought there might be a way to make data entry for someone who doesn't know how to use Access.

Giving users access to the table isn't a good idea, you should look to use a Form, therefore they are limited to seeing what you have created on the form.

It isn't a good idea to allow them to change the structure of a database as it has many different implications down the line.

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
The database is for the owners of a business, and they want to be able to navigate their database easily with buttons, but also to be able to view already input data.

Last edited:

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Data that has been input can easily be viewed with the use of Queries or within forms themselves. Queries can be designed so that they operate off of forms with flexibilty for the users. Here is an example of how that might work.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/searchform.html

There are many more options available to you.

But foremost, keep the users out of the tables or your database may lose its integrity.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom