Creating a breadcrumbs field in VBA (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:54
I have created a document library that is populated with all entries related to a matter.
When a user looks at a matter I want them be able to create folders within folders in the library. For every entry within that matter. I keep the parent folders name and the current folders name in each entry.

I want the user to be able display those records and folders that are in a parent folder.

I want to allow the user to navigate around ( add and delete) the folders by using breadcrumbs to click on.

Has anyone got any solution for my problem

Thanks in advance

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 15:54
Sounds like a TreeView. It may be available as an ActiveX control. They can be difficult to implement in Access.

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
I have seen this link to Treeview mentioned, but I have not tried it.

If you do use it/test it, then please post your comments so we can all learn.

Good luck.

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
I have created a document library that is populated with all entries related to a matter.
When a user looks at a matter I want them be able to create folders within folders in the library. For every entry within that matter. I keep the parent folders name and the current folders name in each entry.

I want the user to be able display those records and folders that are in a parent folder.

I want to allow the user to navigate around ( add and delete) the folders by using breadcrumbs to click on.

Has anyone got any solution for my problem

Thanks in advance

Hi, this looks like an ambitious project, especially since the ActiveX controls like TreeView are often upgraded by Microsoft and can't be relied on. Did you look into the use of FileDialog?

https://analystcave.com/vba-application-filedialog-select-file/

Best,
Jiri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom