How to calculate the number of weeks between two dates? (1 Viewer)

KaylaSimmonds

Local time
Today, 15:07
First of all, thank you for your help!

My database includes two separate dates related to a vehicle purchase and default payments resulting in repossession. I need to find out how many weeks passed between those dates.

Example:
03/14/12 Date of automobile purchase
06/06/13 Date of last payment before default

How many weeks in between?

And then I need to average all of those figures so my company can see the usual week-term time frame that our customers are defaulting and getting repossessed.

Can you help please!?
Thank you!

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 13:07
You can calculate weeks using . . .
Code:
Weeks = Abs(Date1 - Date2) / 7

smithdavid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:07
To calculate difference between two dates use fallowing function.
DateDiff("d",[DateReceived],[DateClosed])
(the "d" tag measures the date difference in days):

KaylaSimmonds

Local time
I found the DataDiff function while doing my own research before posting here, but I suppose I didn't get it written the right way. How do I set up the formula to grab the two dates from other spaces? Like, as I input the data for each individual deal, I put the first date in its own box and the second date in another column and I'd like the formula to grab those two dates and populate the answer in the third column. Is that possible?

Last edited:

KaylaSimmonds

Local time
Hey experts,
Is there any way to do that? To input the dates into two separate columns and have a code produce the difference in dates in the next column? Rather than having to type the dates into an actual formula? I might be misunderstanding, but that is what it sounds like y'all were saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom