Lets Stop George Bush before he Destroys the Whole Planet Earth. (1 Viewer)

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:09
It's my understanding that the current generation of Zamboni's are electrically powered (no exhaust fumes in an indoor arena). Make it rather difficult to run any kind of race with them.
The older ones only held about 5 gallons of fuel which means a pit stop every other lap.

I'm curious, would the Zamboni entrants have to re-surface the ice themselves every few laps? :)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 19:09
Guess this topic just kind of went away...and here we are with Trump.

As a good friend of mine from Togo was told me "do not trade the thief for the witch"

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Hey, if we survived Obama, I think we can survive Trump.... Then again U.S. politics has mostly been about "Who DON'T we want in office" more than who we do for a long time.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hey, if we survived Obama, I think we can survive Trump.... Then again U.S. politics has mostly been about "Who DON'T we want in office" more than who we do for a long time.

Exactly. It's like "Prevent Defense" in American Football. Everyone knows it doesn't work, yet we play it All The Be Damned...

Last edited:

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Exactly. It's like "Precent Defense" in American Football. Everyone knows it doesn't work, yet we play it All The Be Damned...

More like "Well, maybe THIS diet will let me keep the weigh off...."

:banghead:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:09
The problem these days parallels an old Aesop's Fable in a sense. Nobody wants to have King Log even though it is King Stork who gets us into more trouble.

A do-nothing president would let the country calm down - except for the folks yammering for more benefits or more protections ore more this or that or the other. King Stork, who jumps around and gets things done, often gets the WRONG things done, which is the problem we have had, have now, and probably will continue to have.

After all, who's gonna vote for a candidate who says, "I will not spend your money because my policies are all passive"?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
After all, who's gonna vote for a candidate who says, "I will not spend your money because my policies are all passive"?

::Raise hands::

I mean, the federal government really shouldn't have much to do with our lives or much power over us. That's why we have state and local governments. That's also why I'm Libertarian. I love for a day when we will actually be a free people.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
...the federal government really shouldn't have much to do with our lives or much power over us. That's why we have state and local governments. That's also why I'm Libertarian. I love for a day when we will actually be a free people.

Libertarian as well. Problem is, if the party ever does gain in influence, it will just be a matter of time before we go the same way as the Democraps and Republitards. The true Power Base will never allow it.

I hate to be cynical, but Colin Essex's signature is scary accurate.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:09
I hate to be cynical, but Colin Essex's signature is scary accurate.

it comes from the end of an instrumental song called "America" by a group called The Nice around 1967 - you know - Vietnam war time.

It is spoken by a girl aged about 6 right at the end.

It's on YouTube.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom