Hotel Rate Table (1 Viewer)

wayside

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:09
Im creating a reservation system. Rather than having 1 price im looking to have multiple prices for different days of the week, and type of rooms etc.

Is there anyway I can get my "rates" on excel file into an access database so that If a customer wants to stay Fri & Sat the system looks for a room then I could search for a rate and the system will extract the rates from a file and give me the average rate. £100 on Friday and £50 on Saturday makes an average rate of £75 per night.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
The quick answer is Yes, but as always the devil is in the details.
We have no info on your table design nor the relationships involved. Also readers have no idea of your business, nor your database and/or coding skills.

I think you will get more focused responses if you provide more context for your question.

Last edited:

wayside

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks JDraw

Attached is my simple rate table. hotels / accommodation on the left and dates along the top. Each "Sheet" represents a room and if rates are applicable.

Im fairly good with Access and Excel just not combined or linking from etc. I can get data from as in a full merge but this looks to me like a search or filter will have to be done.

Attachments

• RateTablexls.xls
    23 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am not proficient with Excel.
However, Access (database) is quite different than Spreadsheet.
Database works with Tables and relationships. There is an excellent tutorial here that, by working through it, will teach you the concepts of database design.
Try the tutorial, then create an ERD. Test your ERD with sample data.
Good luck.

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks JDraw

Attached is my simple rate table. hotels / accommodation on the left and dates along the top. Each "Sheet" represents a room and if rates are applicable.

Im fairly good with Access and Excel just not combined or linking from etc. I can get data from as in a full merge but this looks to me like a search or filter will have to be done.

Hi wayside,
of course it is possible to retrieve the information from Excel but I would highly recommend that you convert the attached spreadsheet into an Access table and do the lookups inside Access via queries. You will avoid headaches from Office automation issues.

Best,
Jiri

wayside

Registered User.
Local time
Hi wayside,
of course it is possible to retrieve the information from Excel but I would highly recommend that you convert the attached spreadsheet into an Access table and do the lookups inside Access via queries. You will avoid headaches from Office automation issues.

Best,
Jiri

Much appreciated

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom