Check box is getting clicked automatically if another checkbox on the form is clicked (1 Viewer)

Finance

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:36
I have two checkbozes on a form. i need the checkboxes to be clicked or activated only if the user clicks the box. Right now if I click one box the other box is getting selected too.

Any way around this?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:36
Are these bound or unbound checkboxes?

Finance

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:36
Bound checkboxes. They are bound to the same field in a table.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:36
They are bound to the same field in a table.

Then clearly they will inevitably have the same value for the same record.

Maybe explain a bit more about the context and what you are trying to achieve.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:36
As Galaxiom said, this is as you would expect it! If, for example, you were writing auto insurance for a single customer, and he had two cars...you wouldn't have a single Record, with a single Field for Make/Model, then assign that Field as the ControlSource of two different Textboxes, and expect it to contain the Make/Model of two different automobiles!

This would be a One-to-Many relationship, and normally you'd a Main Table/Main Form, with a single Record for the customer's information, and a separate, related Table/Subform, with the info on each car...whether one, two or a dozen cars.

The two Tables, and hence the two Forms (Main and Subform) would be related by a uniquely identifying, matching Field...the Primary Key on the Main Table and the Foreign Key in the related, or sub-table.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom