New Orleans, LA (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 15:24
My computer had a fast death. (my memory slow death). Lost lots of contacts and names. Whoever I talk to occasionally about restaurants, and lives in the New Orleans area. I need to ask you a question. Please give me a shout.

Dick Sonier

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:24
Probably the doc man. Send him a PM to make sure he sees this.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Probably the doc man. Send him a PM to make sure he sees this.
Paul is there a search feature to community? I can't find doc man's user name.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:24
I sent him a pm. I think it's the_doc_man.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:24
Saw the PM. I'm about an hour's drive from Houma, give or take a few.

If you pull up a Google Map with New Orleans and Houma on the same screen, you would see Metairie just to the west of New Orleans. I'm there.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Saw the PM. I'm about an hour's drive from Houma, give or take a few.

If you pull up a Google Map with New Orleans and Houma on the same screen, you would see Metairie just to the west of New Orleans. I'm there.

I have a meeting in Houma on Sat. Dec 1st. I will be checking in my motel on Fri. Dec. 30th. Want to get together for lunch Friday..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Have to check my schedule but it's a possibility. The only problem I might have is a family issue. I'll PM you about that. Also, I don't know the restaurants in the Houma area so I'll have to check around to see what is good.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Dick, check your private messages.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Have to check my schedule but it's a possibility. The only problem I might have is a family issue. I'll PM you about that. Also, I don't know the restaurants in the Houma area so I'll have to check around to see what is good.

I don't know the restaurants in Houma either. Especially since you have a family health situation if it is easier for you I will go your way.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There are lots of details to be considered, but if you came this way we might have time for you to just visit me. We have some really good restaurants nearby.

I sent you my private e-mail in a PM. Let's negotiate the details through that and not bore the rest of the forum. It is quite easy to find me if you have wheels because there is an interstate exit that drops on a street that passes one block from my house, no major zig-zagging. The issue might be whether you can make it for lunch. Still, with any luck it is only about an hour's drive from Houma to my house.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Personal e-mail received. Going silent in this thread.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Dick and I met for lunch today, 11/30/18. He dropped by my house for a facilities break, we chatted, then we hit a local Mom & Pop place (his favorite kind of restaurant). I can verify that he's real and he can tell you the same about me now.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick and I met for lunch today, 11/30/18. He dropped by my house for a facilities break, we chatted, then we hit a local Mom & Pop place (his favorite kind of restaurant). I can verify that he's real and he can tell you the same about me now.

Doc man is a great techie guy, but his wife Linda is much better looking than he is. Great Restaurant, had some great cajun shrimp.

BTW: TO OTHERS: AWF is a great way to meet other Access/Puter people. I got the idea a few years back when some UK guys did it. I have only had two. One in Jacksonville, FL and this one in New Orleans, LA. In Feb I will be in Seffner, FL, March in Tampa, FL, Clermont, FL and Vidor, TX. June in Biloxi, MS. Sept, in Longview, TX and in Oct. Jackson, MS if anybody is interested in getting together to talk A to Z give me a shout.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Dick, of COURSE my wife is better looking. Do you HONESTLY think I would have married a woman who looked like THIS ugly mug? Come on, now!

Glad to have visited. Go Navy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom