ERROR: Enter Parameter when closing form (1 Viewer)

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
I've done quite a bit of searching but the only thing I can find is that this is a bug in the latest version of Access. I have a form with two subforms. Everything works perfectly. I enter a value in an unbound text box on the main form, hit enter and it populates the two sub forms. BUT, when I close the main form, I get the "Enter Parameter Value." It points to the query and a field that uses as it's criteria the unbound text box on the main form. I would expect to get this if there is a mismatch between the query criteria and the unbound text box, but there's not. The link Master and link Child is set correctly for each subform.

Any ideas on how to stop the Enter Parameter? I don't have this issue on any other db.

Chuck

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:29
Hi. How exactly are you closing the main form? Is there any code behind its Unload or Close event?

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
There isn't any code behind the closing of the form. The only code for the main form is a DoCmd.GoToControl to place the cursor in the unbound text box. I remarked that code out and it doesn't make any difference. The Enter Paramater request still happens regardless of how the main form is closed.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Chuck. Are you able to post a sample copy of your db with test data?

chuckcoleman

Registered User.
Local time
Re: [SOLVED] ERROR: Enter Parameter when closing form

DBG, Thank you. As you identified, the error was caused because of the Me.Recalc on the Switchboard form during the Activate event. I changed that to now show: me.currentARX.Requery and the error went away.

Great job!

Thanks,

Chuck

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Re: [SOLVED] ERROR: Enter Parameter when closing form

DBG, Thank you. As you identified, the error was caused because of the Me.Recalc on the Switchboard form during the Activate event. I changed that to now show: me.currentARX.Requery and the error went away.

Great job!

Thanks,

Chuck
Hi Chuck. You're welcome. Glad to hear you fixed it. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom