Command Button (1 Viewer)

pcastner1

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
Is it possible to have a command button with a password that when clicked would unlock records for editing, and when clicked again would lock all records?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
The click event of the button could switch a set of form records from being locked to not being locked, but wherever you would keep this password for comparison could probably be discovered. Did you consider that or will you keep this password in code and make the db an accde so that code can't be read?

pcastner1

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
What I'm trying to do is make it easy for an administrator to edit the database. When it opens it is read only. When the admin needs to make edits have a button turn off the read only.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
How are you making it Read-Only?

Are you talking about clicking the Command Button, once, editing multiple Records, then clicking it again to make it Read-Only once more?

Or...going to a Record...clicking the Button to make that Record editable...clicking it again to make it Read-Only...moving to another Record...repeating?

As to the password question...I've avoided using a password for this kind of thing by using the Double-Click Event of a Label. Very few end-users realize that Labels can even be clicked...and any that do would have an easy time finding the password.

I've used this approach a number of times without any complaints. Of course, as with any type of security, it depends on how important the security is and who you're protecting against.

Linq ;0)>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom