preset fields in list box (1 Viewer)

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
I am working with a db in which users have to put in there initials in a text box. Right now i have it set to put in a list box anyone who has entered their initials in the past. I want to have it set up for when they open the form the list box has only certain initials (such as only the people in a certain dept.) Where do i go about entering such data. Also, after the user selects there initials from the list i would like there initials to stay in the field until they close the form. Basically there are going to have to enter alot of data at the end of the week and keeping there initials in the field and entering the first record will speed up the data entry.

BLeslie88

B Leslie
Local time
Today, 15:16
If I understand.

Just make a seperate form they can goto from the main switchboard to add 'supervisors' / 'initials'.

and have them select the 'supervisors' / 'initials' before you enable them to go to the data entry form and use the selected 'supervisors' / 'initials' as the default / or locked entry for refernce on the records being entered....

Is this what you want to do.?

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
Kind of, but not really. I want them to have select from a set of initials, lets say out of 20. After they select their initials they will not have to select them again unless they close out of access. Basically, at the end of the week users have to fill out this form as to what work they did during the week and on which project. Seeing that they could have worked on 25-50 different projects the less info. they have to enter the better. right now the date is already preset, all the other data besides there initials will vary. As you can probably tell i'm not a very advanced user with access. (this project was kind of just dropped on my head) So any info would be well appreciated.

trucktime

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:16
Initials

What happens if a user by mistake selects the wrong initials.
May be it would be better to capture there username when they enter the database and use that instead. It reduces the changes of errors being made and they don't have to enter anything, except when they log on.

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
That would be great if only i knew how to do that. If you know please let me know.

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
I'll take a look. Thanks alot for your help

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
I was looking at a few things and i saw that you can some how have three initials field matched to what they log in with. I already have set permissions and users for the db i'm just kind of confused as to how you could get the initials field matched with there logg-in name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom