Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:06
I don't, I use my iphone.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 15:06
I don't wear a watch anymore either. I actually made this observation the other night. Watches, with the exception of the rich, seem to be going the way of the dodo. I observed that when I walked around and asked the time from about 20 people, all but one took out their phones to tell me the time. One person didn't have a phone or a watch.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 15:06
No watch for myself. I've noticed that those still wearing watches tend to be 40+. Most younger people forgo the watch and use their phone or other electronic device instead. I imagine that holds up even across the pond.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:06
Hadn't thought of this but I stopped wearing my watch a few years ago. Just put it on if going out, sometimes - maybe from habit.

Used to travel a lot across time zones and found a sweep hand watch to be the best for keeping track of local time. By the time you reset all the gadgets, they needed resetting again where as the watch was easy to change each time you entered a new time zone.

I guess latest devices will tell you what time zone you are in:cool:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:06
I wear my dear departed father's Seiko. I am 52.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Still wearing the Tissot my staff gave me when I retired 20 years ago.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Still wearing the Tissot my staff gave me when I retired 20 years ago.

Brian

I wear a cheapo stopwatch, I run or cycle home form work, so use it everyday. I also know how long it takes to do everything. ie its 16 minutes to the train station, 18 minutes on the train. 22 minutes to cycle to work. 30 minutes to run home.

It helps me to be organised. Could use a phone I guess, but they are more clumbsy.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I've had the same waterproof analogue Fossil for the last 6 years. Keep it on most of the time even when out windsurfing in the winter. Smashed the front glass twice and had it repaired. It was a £100 watch at purchase and each repair cost £50 but new glass makes it look like a new watch.

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
I wear the Rotary watch i was given as a 21st birthday present, not too snazzy!

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I should add that watches are one of the few things that I have ever owned that remain 100% working as I expect them to for long periods of time without any maintenance.

Wish more things were like that!

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I must admit I have never noticed if younger people wear watches or not anymore - but I have been struck in the company of people younger than me - (38) - that some of them live in a more consumer economy, and so buy watches and expensive ones at that as fashion items, or teh latest must have. (The wealthier always have I guess)

Which would go against the idea - they dont wear watches. Maybe they dont for everyday use (telling the time) - but use them when they go out as a fashion/status symbol?

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I don't wear a watch anymore either. I actually made this observation the other night. Watches, with the exception of the rich, seem to be going the way of the dodo. I observed that when I walked around and asked the time from about 20 people, all but one took out their phones to tell me the time. One person didn't have a phone or a watch.

Where you so drunk that you lost track of time so often?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I always wear my Citizen Eco watch I was given about 8 years ago as a 60th birthday present.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I used to wear a Rolex Submariner for about 10 years, then changed it for an Omega Seamaster - much more reliable. For £2000 you'd expect a Rolex to be reliable - the Omega is much cheaper (£1500) and is spot on timewise.

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 12:06
I used to always wear a watch, have not worn one since the last 6 years.

Obe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:06
I wear a Seiko Solar. I don't always have my Blackberry (a.k.a. "Dingleberry" cuz it's always hanging off my a$$ when I'm on the road) handy in the office so a watch is a necessity. I also teach and a watch is handy to keep track of time at a glance when instructing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom