Unable to convert a split table back to local table (1 Viewer)

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:20
Unable to convert a linked table to local table

Hi all,
I am new to this forum,

I recently started to explore access, i had built a gym management software for my gym, but now one of my friend had requested me to sell him a copy so i decided to split the database, Every thing goes fine till i split the access database.

Now when i am trying to convert the linked table to a local table, i am getting this error, property not found. I tried several times :banghead: and i am unable to understand what i done wrong. can some one help me with the issue.

I am using access 2016.

Last edited:

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 04:50
but now one of my friend had requested me to sell him a copy so i decided to split the database

You seem to be indicating that the only reason you split the db is because you were selling someone a copy, which leads me wonder about your understanding of the reasons for splitting a database.

Every thing goes fine till i split the access database.

What does this mean? What problems are you encountering after you split? What steps are you taking when you split?

Now when i am trying to convert the split table to a local table, i am getting this error, property not found.

Typically you would use External Data and just import the table back into the front end in this scenario. Again, what steps are you taking here?

Please provide more specific information about what you are doing, at what point during the process you encounter errors, and exactly what those errors or problems are and someone here may be able to help.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
I am using the standard procedure,
I go to database tools menu and then I am using database splitter, to split my database.

But there are few tables along with a table named invoice table. when I try to use the option convert to local table, I am getting this error

" Property not found "

after I click ok, I get the following message

" The Microsoft database engine could not find the object 'invoice table'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'invoice table' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator. "

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:50
I too don't understand what the purpose of splitting the database and then re-importing the same tables is achieving here?

If you want to give them an "empty" version of your database simply delete all the non lookup table data, compact and repair it to reset the autonumber fields, and that should be it.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
I am learning access databases, i think its a learning curve. Kindly post me some suggestions to solve this issue. It is driving me crazy. I searched every where on the internet to see why this is happening.

So i approached this forum.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Take a step back and explain why you think you need to split the database.
From your own current description, in very basic terms you are doing the following.
  1. Taking a fruit bowl with oranges in it.
  2. Removing the oranges.
  3. Trying to put the oranges back in the fruit bowl, without having done anything to them.

So why ?

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
Apart from why, do you have answers, to solve the problem.

Now tell me you can solve the issue, i can go on replying, but for the benefit of time like i said i am learning, if you have any solution please tell me.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
If you want i can send you the database you can see for your self and you may post the solution or can tell me what have i done wrong.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Do you still have a intact version of the un-split database? If not, I'm guessing you are therefore not able to do what I suggested in post #4.

Without having access to your system and knowing where you split it out to I'm afraid we may not be able to help you.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:50
" Property not found "

after I click ok, I get the following message

" The Microsoft database engine could not find the object 'invoice table'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'invoice table' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator. "

In the interest of helping you get over this hump, I will weigh in here, but I strongly suggest you heed what the others are saying.

It appears that although you can see the linked tables in your navigation pane, they are somehow become dislinked or the BE table has been moved or deleted.

Try right clicking and refreshing the link. If that does not work, go to the actual location and see if the table(s) are there.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
In the interest of helping you get over this hump, I will weigh in here, but I strongly suggest you heed what the others are saying.

It appears that although you can see the linked tables in your navigation pane, they are somehow become dislinked or the BE table has been moved or deleted.

Try right clicking and refreshing the link. If that does not work, go to the actual location and see if the table(s) are there.

Hi thanks for helping me out, the database is working fine, and I went and double checked the table it is there and I tried refreshing the link and I used the linked table manager and remapped them all again to the same back end. but still I am getting this error sadly:(

I made numerous copies of the unsplit version, splitted them and tried to join them and tried every time the problem persists.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
Do you still have a intact version of the un-split database? If not, I'm guessing you are therefore not able to do what I suggested in post #4.

Without having access to your system and knowing where you split it out to I'm afraid we may not be able to help you.

I have unsplit version of my database. :eek:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:50
I think it's time to zip the frontend and backend and upload them. Then we can see if we can duplicate your symptoms.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:50
It sounds like you don't have access to the backend. In other words if you can't relink your tables, obviously can't download a local copy.

maheshashish

Registered User.
Local time
Hi sorry for the late reply. My problem has got solved. I had deleted the table link and then recreated the table link. and now the problem got rectified.

Thank you all for your support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom