Paid membership now live! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
@spikepl, funny link. :)

@RainLover, VAT is a nightmare. To find out how subscriptions are treated, you need to know the place of supply of the service. But this forum is hosted in the US but run from the UK, with subscribers from all over the world. Its ok though, you can get the answer in a 130 page complex document (over 30,000 words) kindly supplied by the government.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Is there a possibility that you could publish how many people have signed up to pay membership, and which one they choose?

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 06:02
Is there a possibility that you could publish how many people have signed up to pay membership, and which one they choose?

Col

Personally, I think it should be up to the individuals if they want these details given out. Some members might find it invasive to disclose a list of financial contributions and attach their names to it.

However, I think a tally or a total wouldn't be too bad. Maybe even a total with individual donations without names attached.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Colin, you do make me laugh! lol

@boblarson, the membership will evolve over time as I get to grips with it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I appreciate your comments. Running this site doesn't mean I have a monopoly on good ideas. Its difficult trying to make decisions on what to add, what to leave out and how to implement stuff. I wish I had a team of programmers but its just me!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks guys. I may not always get it right but I do listen!

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 21:02
@spikepl, funny link. :)

@RainLover, VAT is a nightmare. To find out how subscriptions are treated, you need to know the place of supply of the service. But this forum is hosted in the US but run from the UK, with subscribers from all over the world. Its ok though, you can get the answer in a 130 page complex document (over 30,000 words) kindly supplied by the government.

I won't begin to pretend I understand.

We have GST. Same thing as VAT only different. Membeship fees would be classed as an export. There is no GST on any of our Exports.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

ive not been here for a while. nonetheless, ive gained a lot, if not most of programming experience from this site. Ive read through this thread and there is a lot of

im not doing this
im not doing that
its not fair
etc etc etc

The fact is, the site need funding like every other aspect of every other enterprise. Remember folks, Jon has run this site for years FOC, with his time FOC, and hosting FOC. What has he got from that financially? Probably a lot of grief and earache from his Wife.

What i find astounding is, People are very quick to complain about a few costs but consider the knowledge value gained. You ask a question here, you get an answer and add that to your hellishly expensive custom database that YOU SELL to make money because after all, you wont program for free right? Of course you wont because that would be stupid. So, why should Jon facilitate his time time, money & efforts to provide a free portal?

Jon shouldnt even have to explain himself to be honest. At the end of the day, its his site and if he chooses, can say f@ck you all and close the site for all the bitching that he's getting lol.

Jon,

this is great place. Im not complaining about anything :)

If people dont like it, there are other, less relaxed, more uptight and regimental sites that you could go to but be sure, you'll come back with your tail between your legs when you realize that the grass isn't greener. In fact, its more of a light brown, dried out crop of shite.

Stop bitching people :) this is the best access site around....

N

catalin.petrut

Never knowing cleric
Local time
Today, 12:02
Suggestion: the badge on the donnors should be linked to membership page.

Cowlers

Access Virgin
Local time
Today, 03:02
I've only been a member of this forum for a couple of months but I have no issue with donating as the help I've received from this site has been invaluable to me and of far higher quality than I have found elsewhere! I am very much a novice and therefore I'm not much help to anyone else who uses the forum and I see my donation as a way of helping to ensure the forum exists for those people that have been kind enough to help answer my (probably quite frustrating) questions and also for the newbies that follow me!

Thank you very much indeed to all contributors and site administrators who have created such an important resource!

Best regards,

Dan

parker1

Local time
Today, 03:02
After having not been on this site for 10 years or more I would like to stick my oar in for what it is worth!

I agree with Nigel Shaw above. Why is it that so many folk feel the need to bitch about something that they are getting free gratis?

I, for one, am very glad to see this site still up and running after all these years and to see a lot of the names I remember some of who have unknowingly and unwittingly been my mentors.

To bitch at someone who has been so dedicated in providing not only an excellent service probably at great cost to himself in time and effort (and therefore Money to those hard nosed capitalists out there) but an environment to furnish that service is someone who deserves respect and praise. Not ridicule and disrespect just because you can.

Keep up the good work Jon and many many thanks from someone who appreciates what you and you alone have achieved and the members who all contribute to help out fumbling chancers like me.

I will go and have a look at your membership options and if I can afford it I will contribute, If I can't then I will accept the restrictions and pray that you keep up this amazing service

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 04:02
I was looking up something at home and noticing it had advertisement!
Evidently I forgot to log in.

It is really nice to donate to a quality site. The rewards of less advertisement for a donation is "as advertised"!
--- wait a minute... does that mean it is still advertised? :)

yupstrips01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
How I added Membership to my WordPress site using Paid Memberships Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom