How to get GPS on my PDA? (1 Viewer)

B

bindomitable

Is it possible for a PDA to have GPS navigation functions by simply installing an off-board navigation software and adding an external GPS receiver? I was thinking to download the Nav4All off-board navigation software, which is originally designed for cell phones, and installed on my PDA, yet I'm not so sure if it's gonna fit, I mean, I know even some cell phone models don't work properly after installation of Nav4All, such as Nokia N70, but is it okay at least in theory, that Nav4All can also help PDA to pinpoint the holder's location?

lessthanme5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:06
I have got a Pocket PC and I use a program called Destinator PN which is a GPS Program.... It works very well...

Knivag

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:06
I use a Loox 420 PDA. For street Navigation I use Navigon 5 Software that includes maps of most of Europe and North America and I use Destinator software with Australian Maps. The software is installed on a 2GB SD card and I use a Bluetooth MN|4 GPS. This system works very well anywhere in the world

For off road Navigation I use GPS Tuner that alows me to record a track & waypoints, convert a track to a route and then backtrack to where I started from.

Cheers

p595659

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:06
what about Tom Tom? My housemate has a PDA and he uses that. It shows where you are on the road and updates very quick. :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:06
You do realise this thread is 12 years old.
Technology has moved on a bit in that time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom