Popup Form (1 Viewer)

accessman2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:40
Hi,

In MS Access, we can do popup form (docmd.openform "tmp",,,,,,acDigonal)

In ASP/ASP.Net,

can we do as same as MS Access style?

Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I'm not sure about this as I don't have ASP.NET experience, but I would think that it would be similar to VB in that you open it MODAL which should do the same thing. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:40
This has to be performed by client-side code, so has little to do with .net.

Javascript is usually the way to go

window.open

accessman2

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, thanks.

But, if I use javascript to do popup form, can we do recordsource (similar to MS Access, table) at that form?

Because, in ASP.NET, I want to do continues form, and each column has the values, when the user click either one of the values, then it will do small popup form in the center, and the popup form will list more detail for the record. (I want to do as same as MS Access style)

Thanks.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:40
Ok, one thing you are going to have to get your head around with web programming is that you are working within a disconnected data model.

That is to say each time a page is rendered on screen, the data displayed on the client is disconnected completely from the server. Thus when you open a pop-up, you will have to parse through the relevant data (usually via a querystring or POST/GET method). The window will then accept that parsed data (usually a unique identifier) and re-load the required data from the server via some kind of query.

Do a google on ado.net and read up. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom