Need A Customizable Barcode Scanner (1 Viewer)

transmissions

Local time
Today, 13:23
Hey All,

I am out of options as to what to do. My business is a small, but growing, manufacturing business of automotive parts. I am trying to take control of the inventory we produce. Basically what I am looking for is a type of barcode scanner/handleld scanner that my employee's can scan a barcode put on the finished product and on the actual handheld, the user would:

1: Scan the barcode, press "Enter" or "Tab" or whatever
2: Enter the Name of the to product
3: Enter the person that built the product
4: Enter possibly one or two more customizable fields, then press submit.

Now ideally that data would then be sent to a software database on a computer via WiFi or whatever.

We do use QuickBooks Pro 2011 and I haven't found a way to incorporate any of this.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there such a thing out there? I would only need 4-5 customizable input fields after the barcode is scanned. One day I would probably like to use this scanner to scan all parts that go into the finished product. As for right now, I just want one barcode on the finished product that the user can input his own data and I can have a record of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Automotive Help

UKDEV

Local time
Today, 20:23
Hope I can help, I've created many bespoke barcode interfaces to data.
Please have a look at my website, if I can be of help or if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gary White
w ww.vds.uk.net

Scoutsft

Local time
This is something we definitely can do. Please message me here for more details.

Scoutsft

Local time
our website is my login name .c o m

You can learn more there as well. Thanks.

becky mars

Local time
I knew a softare company and its barcode reader is really good. Most importanly, I think its price is quite reasonable. Maybe you can have a try. Its name is BarcodeLib.com. Hope it can help you.

dimitris9

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:23
I have been looking for something similar, but I couldn't find anything.
So I decided to build my own access database to create and read the barcodes for inventory purposes. I am still in the beginning though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom