Building one same format for a report from different queries (1 Viewer)

HangoutGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:16
Hi all,

I have 4 different queries that I want to build 4 separate reports of, one for each. Each query has all the same fields save for different locations, hence why I need 4 reports to send to the 4 locations.

I have spent a long time getting all the spacing and lining up to what I want and I have one complete report for one of my queries. I was wondering if there was a way to save the report I made as a template and then simply run the report template for the other 3 queries that I have.

Any guidance would be helpful, but if I just have to build 4 different reports it won't be the end of the world.

Thanks!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:16
Would it not be easier having one report and filter for location on opening the report.?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:16
I answered a similar question recently. "Generate Multiple Reports" There are 4 videos by way of explanation. I also provide a sample database you can download called "File - Generate Multiple Reports - Nifty Access" --- it's available to Access World Forum members for free, use the Coupon Code:- BuyMeA_Coffee! when you place your order. There are also links to some excellent blogs by MS Access Pro's demonstrating how to email the PDF documents.

Gina Whipp, a regular on This Forum:- Send eMail to Multiple Recipients...

Granite:- Emailing a different report to each recipient

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:16
You may also get some insight from examples by Martin Green re Dynamic Reports.
You wouldn't build 4, build a template and accept some sort of Location filter/parameter as mentioned.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:16
Are the queries really different or do they just select different departments? If they just select different departments, add a combo to the report to select a department. If the combo's rowsource also includes the email address you need to send the report to, that would make it easier for you.

OR

If you want to send a report to every department, then you don't need to select them one at a time although leaving that as an option gives you flexibility. Your code can check the combo and if there is a department selected, send one report to that department. If the combo is empty, use a VBA loop that reads the department table and send the filtered report for each department.

To make the report include data for only a single department, an easy method is to use the WHERE argument of the DoCmd.OpenReport method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom