Ready Made Garments (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Today, 15:02
Hi,

Do any one of you could guideline me what steps need to be take to stand up a small readymade garment plant? I am talking about sewing machines, desigss, latest clothing type etc..

I am planning for the same but I don't have any experience. But I am sure Insha Allah I could handle it. I have good enough capabilities of checking qualities of clothes, handling staff etc..

My overall budget is not more than US$ 10,500 which could be around 450,000 Indian Rupees. I hope the budget in enough to take a start up. One thing would like to mention here that, in India we can get good quality raw material at reasonable price. Also both the skilled and unskilled man power is easily available at affordable value.

I need to take start. But from where to start ? How much budget should be invested ion machinery and initial raw material? There many questions related.

Has anyone of you have any idea?

With kind regards,
Ashfaque

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:32
I don't know what sort of clothes you are going to make, so I don't know whether it applies in this situation or not. However I do know that for the last six months or so maybe longer, UK warehouses, and ports have been full of cheap imported clothing from China.

The Chinese cheap clothing, has threatened many established markets, so some of the clothing (I think up to half of it) was held up at customs while they sorted out the problem.

This would suggest to me that the clothing market is changing significantly with the Chinese becoming very active in it.

The other thing I recall is a program recently on TV about the shift from buying mass amounts of garments in a particular style, in favor of smaller batches, enabling changes to be made to the clothing range displayed in the shops on a weekly basis.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Thank you Uncle,

You are right. China's cheap clothing shaken the garment market. But those who likes the quality are still interested in good quality clothings. The chinese garments are cheap off course but are not long lasting whereas rest of the country's clothing are better even though they are costly.

I beleive that china has not yet entered in Indian market and there is no chances even bcz we have huge good quality products of clothings here in India. Our government will never allow them at least in the field of garments.

And moreover most of the Indian like our own fashion in our own produced clothes.

Hence I am sure the business would not get effected by the Chinese clothes.

I appreciate your hint to alert myself of these facts.

But I need to get start up with kids garments at the begining.

Any other ideas ?

With kind regards,
Ashfaque

oscarooko

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:32
It would be important to identify the market niche that you are targeting. I cant see you kids clothing in mind. However, you have to know thier goegraphical location ie, is it Indian Kids in India, or Kids in America , Uk etc.

Here in the United states, this would be a big business, if you get to deal with some established retailer like Targer or K-mart. The catch is that some of these large retailers will insist that you own some expensive and sophisticated EDI software for communication, which I guess you cant afford at this time.
My advice is, try to talk to a retailer and check out theier requirements for business partnership. This way, you already will have some marker for your products, in addition you would be selling some in other markets that you may identify.

Good Luck

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
You are right Oscarooko,

I am interested in Indian kids clothing in India.

Yes, I also thinking of contacting to retailers first but reply make my decision strong.

Thanks.
Ashfaque

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:32
Our government will never allow them at least in the field of garments.

And moreover most of the Indian like our own fashion in our own produced clothes.

Hence I am sure the business would not get effected by the Chinese clothes.
There are a lot of American manufacturers who thought exactly the same thing and look where they are now - out of business.

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Ashfaque don't make assumptions about the market that is a golden rule. You are in an established market there will be lots of market reports floating around. Many of them you can view for free in business libraries. Do your homework and then do your own targeted customer survey. Don't move onto the finance section of your business plan without a good understanding of the market. You will definitely regret it. The clothing market is competitive especial in places like India.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Help for businesses here.

For anyone starting in business, there is much to learn, and it is sometimes difficult to get help, or the information you need.

So I thought it might be worth mentioning this website it is called "Ecademy". It is basically a self-help group for business people, you can ask questions or answer questions, very similar to this MS Access forum, however It is obviously a business forum!

What I particularly like about this ecademy/forum, is that it focuses on the helping each other ethos, again very similar to this forum. There is a small subscription fee, however I do understand that they are interested in attracting international subscribers, and to that end they have favorable rates for some countries.

I am listed on the ecademy: Here

P

pearlsublime

Reply: Readu Made Garments

Hi,

Do any one of you could guideline me what steps need to be take to stand up a small readymade garment plant? I am talking about sewing machines, desigss, latest clothing type etc..

I am planning for the same but I don't have any experience. But I am sure Insha Allah I could handle it. I have good enough capabilities of checking qualities of clothes, handling staff etc..

My overall budget is not more than US$ 10,500 which could be around 450,000 Indian Rupees. I hope the budget in enough to take a start up. One thing would like to mention here that, in India we can get good quality raw material at reasonable price. Also both the skilled and unskilled man power is easily available at affordable value.

I need to take start. But from where to start ? How much budget should be invested ion machinery and initial raw material? There many questions related.

Has anyone of you have any idea?

With kind regards,
Ashfaque

Dear Ashfaque,
Please contact me at pearl.sublime@gmail.com and I think I can render some help.
Thanks
Munib

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom