Microsoft Access User Group FAQ and Events List (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:50
This section is for all those Access User groups throughout the world to chat, discuss issues and generally liaise with one another.

Rules:

1. One thread per User group

2. No spamming just to get a link. Your thread will be removed if you do.

That's it! Enjoy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:50
Use https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ to convert to your local time.
1695686897298.png

I can't tell if the SQL server group is actually active. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Yes it is. Juan Soto leads it.
There are also two Spanish language groups: Espana and Latino.
All time zones subject to daylight savings. Access Europe is UTC in winter and UTC+1 in summer.

Each chapter president posts details of the events on the AUG website.
The link for the event calendar is https://accessusergroups.org/calendar/
Only George (for AP) and I (for AEU) post here.

There are also several other groups not affiliated to AUG.org including Denver Area (DAAUG), SF Bay AUG, UK AUG etc.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As this new suggested approach is not yet in effect, I have just gone ahead with my standard monthly alert to the upcoming Access Europe meeting: Access Europe meeting on Wed 4 Oct - The future of Access | Access World Forums (access-programmers.co.uk)

For a long time, I posted details of each month's meetings to the same thread but feedback from several forum members indicated that the lengthy thread made it more difficult to find details of a specific event.
As a result, a few months ago, I changed to posting a new thread for each month, each with two posts - one in advance of the meeting with session details and another follow up post when the video is posted to YouTube
Doing this has had a noticeable benefit in terms of both numbers attending the meetings and the number of views for each video.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@Pat Hartman
When you update this, please could you post a version of the screenshot in post #2 with clickable links

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:50
@isladogs
I didn't want to post it this way but the table "feature' of the forum sucks and I couldn't control the width of the columns or rearrange them. I didn't have time to play with it so I pasted everything into Excel and then I tried pasting it back using the Code tag and the text tag and neither were satisfactory. I'll play with it some more and try to find a way to have the links live.
All time zones subject to daylight savings. Access Europe is UTC in winter and UTC+1 in summer.
That's why I included the UTC offset. I also want to post the dates of time change in the US and the UK. Do you know the UK dates? I know they are different than in the US so for a couple of weeks each year, the UTC offset is different

Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the USA starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. Arizona and Hawaii do not observe DST nor do any US foreign territories.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
In the UK, daylight savings starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October.
Exactly the same changeover dates apply to those countries in the European Union so will also apply to Access Espana events

I rarely use the table feature myself. Possibly easier to just do as bullet point list for each group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom