Importing from Excel (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:36
If you remember I said to use code tags for the code ONLY and a screenshot of the query results as e.g. png file

Anyway I've looked at the Word doc of the screenshot but it doesn't really help.
I can see that the 4 highlighted records appear to be 2 pairs of duplicates.
However, as the query contains lots of fields, not all are visible so I can't tell if you really are getting duplicates

As I can't read the query SQL either, we're no further forward
Have you tried using the duplicates query wizard?

If you can't solve this yourself, save a stripped down copy of your database with just the items needed to see the problem. You can probably also remove most of the records as long as some 'dupes' are included.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:36
If you repeat the account number then of course each associated payment will join to each account record if you are using the account number as the linking key. Now i see you are linking on tax number so not clear how data is structured. Provide db for analysis.

Last edited:

LizJohnson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:36
I have finally been able to get a stripped down version of my database and have attached that. There are some forms that are there that I'm not using, but I don't want to delete those yet because they may be attached to something. I've tried so many things, I forgot what I've done on some things. LOL.

I have left some payments on that have the same sales & use tax number but different tobacco tax numbers. This is what is going to happen. This is where the duplication, I believe, is happening.

All of the information that I have on this database is only entered once.

Please let me know what you think and how to resolve having duplicate showing up on my query 73A421 and also then on my form 73A421W.

Attachments

• Floor Stock 2018 test 1.zip
    244.5 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom