Shootings in US schools (3 Viewers)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:38
I find that Boing Boing often has an interesting take on current events amongst other things.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:38
If the government is us and we vote in politicians to take actions, then it is perfectly right for me to vote in people that understand that guns are not the problem and to vote out people that don’t understand that it is a morality problem and vote out people that are trying to take away my constitutional right to have a gun. On that we agree, so as long as there are more of us than them, then the government is doing the will of the people. I also have the right to fight as hard as I can either through the NRA or letters to the editor or through supporting talk shows that I believe are informing the public on what I believe.
It will also be my right to vote in people that understand that I have a right to decide for myself what is healthy eating, and also my right to vote out people who think the government knows best what size soft drink I should have or how many ounces of fat my burger should have. I don’t drink booze but once my government wanted to tell us all that nobody should drink, booze. We all know how that turned out. Freedom is taken away one little bit at a time. So in that we agree and as long as there are more of us that say stay out of my kitchen than those think it is fine for them to have lavish meals at tax payers’ expense but I am supposed to have salad then the government is doing the will of the people.
You may well have been to a church that spew their nonsense and their hate as Lord only knows there are plenty of them out there, but you can’t lump them altogether. My home church and the over 600 different churches that I have preached at myself do not preached hate. I in fact I never tell anybody how to live their lives, but from the pulpit will tell people what the Bible says on a certain subject. If someone wants to follow the Bible, that is their right, if they don’t want to follow the Bible that is their right. It is also their right to either come to hear me preach or not to come. In fact it would it be against my belief to try and force them. I am sure that you are aware that there are movement that are trying to stop the Bible from being preached in church so you see the government is trying to get inside our churches, as the government as you so rightly said is the people (movements).
Talking about movements (people) (government) I am sure you are aware also that there some that want to regulate every aspect of the internet. As long as there are more of us (you, me and others) then the internet will still be a great tool that some will use for good and some will use for evil. The government will be doing the will of the people. You see Adam you and I agree on lots of things.

I don't believe Dick wrote this, it's not got a single spelling mistake or typo, where did you paste it in from Dick?

Brian

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 12:38
I don't believe Dick wrote this, it's not got a single spelling mistake or typo, where did you paste it in from Dick?

Brian

I am so sorry Brian I will try to do better!!:)
Spelling is definitely not my strong suit. Even in college my grades suffered because of it, and we didn’t have spell checkers back then. Some say it is because in grade school back in the 40's they were experimenting with flash cards, so instead of learning to sound out words we were taught to memorize what words look like. I am not sure I buy that, but that’s what some so called experts say. Others say that as a Yankee I am not pronouncing words correctly so I can’t possibly sound them out correctly. A long item I will usually do in word and then paste it into the forum. Short one I do directly into the post which of course doesn’t have a spell checker.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Indeed it does :D

Are you saying it will spell check ------> righxt herxe.
When I bought my wife a new computer HP it would not run IE. I was on my way from IN to OH and did not want to fuss with so I put Fox Fire on it and that ran ok. I did not want to put up with the learning curve so I did not put it on mine at the time, but since I have more time on my hands right now it will probably be worth the effort.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
I'd be somewhat surprised if IE didn't also have a either a native spell checker or a spell checker add in.

I must say I've not use IE for longer than I care to remember :D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I'd be somewhat surprised if IE didn't also have a either a native spell checker or a spell checker add in.

When I try and use the spell checker in this forums word processor it tells me that IESpell is a tool of IE. If you want to use it download at www.?????. IK have downloaded it twice, but it still doesn’t work.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time

When I try and use the spell checker in this forums word processor it tells me that IESpell is a tool of IE. If you want to use it download at www.?????. I have downloaded it twice, but it still doesn’t work.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
First time worked great, now I have lost the spell checker button. Do you have any idea where it went?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
For FireFox the spell checker should work Automagically, you should get a red underline under any word it thinks is misspelled. Right clicking on the highlighted word should give you a popup with a list of possible corrections.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 546

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
For FireFox the spell checker should work Automagically, you should get a red underline under any word it thinks is misspelled. Right clicking on the highlighted word should give you a popup with a list of possible corrections.

Never notice the red line looking for a button

stop laughing at me John, some day you are going to be old and senile too.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom