Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 12-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
jleach
Newly Registered User

jleach will become famous soon enough
How to post an image?

Is there some trick to posting an image in threads? I've tried the Picture button from the toolbar, which asks me for a URL (I upload to imgur and enter the url, but the image doesn't display), or I can do an attachments, which just shows up as a link to the file rather than embedding the image.

Not sure if I'm missing something or maybe a post count issue?

Ex: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...11#post1558311

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016
jleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
Ranman256
Newly Registered User

Ranman256 will become famous soon enough Ranman256 will become famous soon enough
Re: How to post an image?

click GO ADVANCED button
use the paperclip, attach pic, load it
come back to message box, click paperclip downarrow, select the pic.

if paperclip fails, use button under MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.
Ranman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
jleach
Newly Registered User

Sorry, but I'm not following. I don't see a GO ADVANCED (even searched for 'advanced' in the post screen and found nothing), and I didn't find a relevant button under Manage Attachments.

I did find the paperclip down arrow and selected from there, which put it in an ATTACH tag instead of an IMG tag (and I was hopeful), but all that did was remove the attachment frame and show it as a link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016
Old 12-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,819 Posts
jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice

Jack,

I don't know the answer; I always use an attachment. I have found info under faqs (see attached), but it does not seem to do an inline image. Hopefully someone can tell us the specifics -- if it's possible.
Attached Images
File Type: png ImageInfo.png (58.0 KB, 205 views)

jdraw is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdraw For This Useful Post:
jleach (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
MarkK
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,224 Posts
MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all
Jack:
I doubt the post count is the issue. While creating this post, the image tags in the editor window look like this for the image below, which is linked from Flickr.com...
Code:
[IMG][/IMG]

...and then between those tags you type or paste the url. To host the image at AWF you can upload the image using this site's upload tools, and when the upload is complete a link appears. That link is the URL of the image as hosted here, so then you can right-click that and open the image in a new tab or window, copy its URL from there, and paste it into the [IMG][/IMG] tags, which is what I did with this image of storms on Jupiter...

...and you can see the "Attached Images" section, below.

hth
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36730877670_039fa4a008_k.jpg (97.8 KB, 220 views)
jleach (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
MarkK
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,224 Posts
MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all
so to show jdraw's image inline...

Code:
[i m g]https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68942&d=1512760734[/i m g]
...and if I kill the [img] tags by adding spaces, the code looks like that, which is the URL you see if you hover the mouse over his upload link...
Mark
jdraw (12-08-2017), jleach (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 12:50 PM   #7
ridders
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,408 Posts
ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice

I agree that the process is far from intuitive and it took me several attempts to get the hang of it.

If you need further advice beyond that given already, read this sticky post which explains it step by step
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=194680

@Mark
What exactly is that giant picture showing?

New example databases:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil illegitimi carborundum est
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ridders For This Useful Post:
jleach (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #8
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridders View Post
@Mark
What exactly is that giant picture showing?
My guess it's a $7.00 cup of coffee at Starbucks.
AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #9
ridders
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,408 Posts
ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice

Just realised that mark actually told us what it was.
I'm viewing on a tablet and it automatically zoomed out to fit in all the image on screen. As a result it made mark's text tiny for me.

I hate to say this but we could do with a better image placement setup where a thumbnail is displayed but clicking on it shows a larger version.

In fact I know exactly where I've seen just that feature...

New example databases:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil illegitimi carborundum est
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough

It does look familiar, now that you mentioned it.
AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
jleach
Newly Registered User

Thanks all - I'd hope I can figure out it from here...

Microsoft MVP 2012-2016
Old 08-17-2018, 04:05 AM   #12
aimprosoft
Newly Registered User

aimprosoft is on a distinguished road

... and direct URL from another website will work too.

aimprosoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: