All ASP Pages Hang (1 Viewer)

emzipoo4u

Local time
Today, 17:33
Hi,

I have an access database that is currently 17,000 kb and hosted on a basic hosting package with zen internet. (£5 a month). We've been testing the application for 2 weeks, but yesterday made it live to our customers.

There are about 4 or 5 users that read and update the database and MANY users that just read from the database.

Everything was fine yesterday, but today the entire system crashed and no ASP pages would run at all , they would just hang. After contacting the hosting company they said that JET was running too slow and the size of our database was too big and to recode it in SQL.

So, what would be the best way forward, is it really recoding it all in SQL? Or could changing the hosting fix the problems? Is Access really suitable?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:33
I've never experienced the Access based web site to totally crash, but it is on a very good hosting site. This site receives up to 45,000 visits per month. I would look around at other hosting sites.

Its only the back-end that needs to be addressed. SQL Server Enterprise or MySQL is another candidate.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom