Merging from Access into Word (1 Viewer)

AccessUser1972

Local time
Today, 10:21
I have a query that I need to merge into Word. I need it to look like this when I am done.
Agricultural
4-H
Farm Bureau
Future Farmers of America

Arts/Crafts
Great Basin Arts and Entertainment

What this represents is a query of Categories (type of club) and the club that is under it.

I can't get the clubs to be under the correct categories. Do I need to use a NextRecord If ? I have played with the "if" but I can't get them to end up under the correct category. Please help!!! Thank you. Debbie

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
Debbie how did you get on with this? Are you using VBA code to do this if so then have you considered using BookMarks in your Word document and use the VBA code to go to the Bookmark, if unsure of the code then record a MACRO in Word to create the Bookmark then use F5 to find the bookmark and then add some text then stop recording you then can use the Word code by adapting it in Access VBA, or have you tried using Mail Merge either from Access or Word.

AccessUser1972

Local time
Today, 10:21
Well Trevor, I have not a clue what VBA is. LOL. I have a database in Access and I am merging it into word. I did figure out how to get the clubs under the correct heading, but now I have another problem. If I have multiple clubs under a heading, that heading appears above each club. Like this.

Agriculture
4H
Agriculture
FFA

what I want it to do is this.

Agriculture
4H
FFA

Any idea how I tell it to leave out the heading except once?

gerry@docshop.ie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
The quickest solution is to produce a Report directly within MS Access. Use Grouping on Agriculture in the data to have all sub records display. You can then export the report to Word if you need to do additional work to the document. To achieve the same result in a mail merge would require some programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom