Trying to Bar chart from report (1 Viewer)

Access N0vice

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
Hello,
I am trying to bar chart information that I create in a report that groups information based on Teams and hour meters that are grouped in a report. is it even possible? I am attaching the ACCESS DB.

Attachments

• MeterMovementDataBaseTesting.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 93

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:43
Can you show how you want the graph to looks like?
And also where should it be placed, (in a new report or ???)?

Access N0vice

Registered User.
Local time
I will make some questions come up in the query that will grab the data from specific teams and narrow down the date of the data to be displayed. I don't need help with that part. I am attaching a EXCEL file to show what I want the data to look like. I still have to insert the target that the piece of equipment should hit so I get a percentage for the bar chart.

So the data I am grabbing will come from the Total Hours run on the report divided by the target for the percentage. the percentage is what will display on the bar chart. So if the team hits the target or greater that would be 100% etc...

It would be great if this can be on a separate report. I will be creating PDF of each teams usage each month to display on a large office monitor.

I really appreciate the help :)

Attachments

• What Data would look like.xlsx
    13.3 KB · Views: 93

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Open the report "GraphReport" in the attached database, it will show you a graph for each team.

Attachments

• MeterMovementDataBaseTesting1.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Good you like it! :D

Access N0vice

Registered User.
Local time
JHB,
If your still following this thread.
I was able to integrate your bar chart report into my database. I thought that I would be able to just create a query to select a date range so I created another bar chart report using your design but substituting the query for the table. The report for some reason gives me different teams but the same chart information. if you have time could you take a look and tell me where I went wrong. I have attached the db.

Thank you

Access N0vice

Attachments

• MeterMovementDateSelectTest2.accdb
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Crosstab querier isn't so easy to deal with when it is based on queries with criteria.
A work around is to create a "Make table" query, and base the Crosstab query on that table.
Open the form and click the button.
I think you've to look at your queries, then they are not returning any reading meters, (they are all zero).

Attachments

• MeterMovementDateSelectTest2.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom