Question Problem opening .mdb file (1 Viewer)

zooropa67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:45
I'm having an issue where if I first open up Access then open an mdb file i see all the objects (tables etc). However, if I double-click on the same file I just get a blank form that doesn't show any objects. I thought it might be something to do with the bluetooth add-in (see image). However, I've removed that (but the send to bluetooth message just keeps appearing. Not sure if this is causing Access to stop early). The usual holding down the shift key doesn't make any difference. In the old days you just double-clicked the filename to see the database objects of failing that repeat and hold down the shift key. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks :banghead:

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 60
  • example.mdb
    1.6 MB · Views: 56

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what exactly is your issue? the example you provided has one table with a single record, no forms, queries or anything else

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:45
I had the same problem but it extended to .accde and accdr as well as .mdb. The problem was caused because I needed to install SSMA to upsize a database and because in their infinite wisdom, MS elected to not make a 32-bit version which made it impossible to upsize a 32-bit database. The fact that MS recommends installing 32 bit office apparently wasn't communicated to the folks who made this decision. The recommended fix was to install the 2013 runtime and that is what hosed Access. The solution involves uninstalling the runtime and uninstalling Office. WARNING - make sure that your Outlook contacts, calendar, and rules are backed up or you will loose them since apparently when Outlook reinstalls, it will NOT reconnect to your .ost file. Your mail should be fine but everything else will be lost.

zooropa67

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks CJ_London and Pat for your replies. I think I'll just leave as is as too much risk of things going wrong with other Office applications.

zooropa67

Registered User.
Local time
I'll add it's the usual Microsoft making things worse, not better with newer revisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom