PDF won't print in color (1 Viewer)

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:25
WinXP, Acrobat 8.0 pro, Office 2010, Symantec Antivirus and Firewall (I cannot find the version)
Ricoh SP811 color laser printer
Ricoh E5100 color laser printer with Fiery

I have 2 PDFs, one I made on my PC and one I got from another person. Both have color in them. We have a Ricoh SP811 and Ricoh E5100 color laser printers. Whenever I print a PDF with color, regardless of what the print dialog options say, the printout is always in grayscale. I tried 2 drivers with the Ricoh SP811, a PS driver and PCL6 driver, and both printed in black and white.

The PDFs clearly show color on the screen, but do not print in color.

This started after I did Windows Update last week. So I updated the print driver for the Ricoh SP811 today hoping to fix the issue, via Windows Update, but it did not fix the issue.

Any idea how to fix this? Delete Ricoh drivers, download drivers from Ricoh and reinstall them?

A unix application prints color to these 2 prints just fine. I have not tested whether Excel on my PC prints to these prints in color.

Thanks.

EDIT: Excel2010 prints in color just fine. This seems to be a PDF issue.

Last edited:

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:25
Can you roll back the PC updates to a previous date when it all worked correctly?

Also take a look at the ADOBE website to see if there are any clues. They have some good information that might assist you.

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:25
Ok I got it working. Apparently I could not do: FIle, Print, printer Properties, select Color.

I had to go into Control Panel, Printers, open printer, select Preferences, then switch to color, and click OK.

It's fixed now.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:25
Pleased to read you have sorted it.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom