Microsoft Silverlight (1 Viewer)

joltremari70

Local time
Today, 06:54
I am at the end of my rope. I am taking online classes through testout.com that require Silverlight for lab simulations. Suddenly Silverlight stopped working. I have talked to Microsoft, testout.com, and the school, and they all gave me the same tasks to try, of which, none worked. I have searched forums, including ones dedicated to Silverlight, again no luck. This is my last ditch effort to get some insight. If anyone has any ideas that I have not tried please share them with me.

I have tried two "fixes" from Microsoft, one automatic and one manual. I have tried editing the registry manually with instructions from Microsoft and users on the forums. I have tried reinstalling Visual Studio in order to overwrite any existing Silverlight files. The Visual Studio installation was able to get Silverlight installed but the browser was still not using it as a plugin, and the troubleshooter said the file was corrupted, even though Visual Studio is able to create a new Silerllight project.

I am running Windows 10 and IE 11. I had not installed any updates before the problem occurred. It worked one day and didn't work the next.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom