Copy web page (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:15
Anyone have an idea how to copy an entire web page that scrolls off the bottom of the screen?

Thanks - :)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
copy or screenshot?

what you can do is view the source and copy and paste that into your own document

KenHigg

Local time
I need to copy (I guess a screen shot ?) a long page and paste it to a large plotter size page so we can hang it on the wall for reference purposes. I did the drill where I copy pcs and paste them all back together again but it doesn't look real good and is a pain...

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
what about changing your screen resolution to try to fit the whole page on it?

OR try print preview and shrink the size down and print to a pdf or something then blow it up later??

other than that i dont think there is another way to do it without pasting them together

KenHigg

Local time
Thanks - The screens are still to big for my max res and the print preview thing kind of distorts the way the web page looks... Hum....

I have a program called 'Snag-it' and it has an auto-scroll option that I think is supposed to do what I need but it has me bum-fuzzeled at the moment - :)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:15
SnagIt 8 30 day free trial available.

>>> Anyone have an idea how to copy an entire web page that scrolls off the bottom of the screen?<<<

Yes! SnagIt 8 has Several useful facilities, and one of them is being able to copy a Scrolling screen.
http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

You can also copy a web page and keep the "links live" although I haven't done this yet!

You can delay a screen capture, similar to a camera when you want to take your own picture, this allows you to show the user what is under a particular button or menu item

and I understand you can also copy short video clips, although I haven't done this yet either.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Just noticed, you already have it!

KenHigg

Local time
Just noticed, you already have it!

Thanks Giz - I have ver 4 I think and for some reason it will copy some extended windows but it won't do a web page...

Guess I'll have to get ver 8 - :)

btw - Snag it is a great app.!!

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:15
How about select all on website and copy and then "paste special" into ms word and pick HTML Format.

KenHigg

Local time
Good idea - But I tried it and it came out all sliced up...

Thanks for the suggestion. Snagit v8 does what I need and has some other really neat features, think I'll go that route.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 07:15
Not sure if this may help, but when you're on a website, there is a feature to
"merge" the site to word.
In IE explorer, go to File > edit with MS Word.
Once done you can modify bits and pieces to your own needs.

Hth

KenHigg

Local time
Thanks rak I didn't know that. I tried that as well and I may be doing something wrong but it still goes into Word a bit skewed from what the actual page looks like in the browser.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 07:15
Code:
a bit skewed from what the actual page looks like
Now that's an understatement. :)

I know it's not very elegant Ken, but for me it did the trick with some sites.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I did a scrolling webpage capture not very long ago and I thought I would post it here to give you some idea of what can be done.

KenHigg

Local time
Cool Giz... Did you do that with new version of snagit?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes, that's SnagIt 8

It also has the ability to take a short "video" of your screen, however I haven't tried this yet.

What I do like is it has a delay function, similar to on a camera when you want to take a picture of yourself, so you trigger the snapshot, and in the "delay" you can open drop down menus and capture screen shots of these.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have just discovered that Snagit 8 provides a printer interface, in that one of the options under "printer type" is print to Snagit 8.

The reason I mention it is that you then have the option to save as PDF, and I have used this to save an MS Access report as a PDF document, however I have only succeeded in saving a single page of the report, I haven't been able to get it to save multiple pages into PDF.

There are some instructions, but they aren't very clear, and I haven't got the time or inclination to fiddle about with it. If anyone conquers this are would be grateful for some feedback.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Pardon me if this is dumb, but can't you just print the webpage from your browser? Providing you've got the printer/plotter installed and the appropriate paper size selected, can't you just hit Print?

KenHigg

Local time
Thanks for the suggestion Neil,

That does something to the page like a print format and skews some things around... I wanted it to print exactly like it appears on the screen - :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom