I can't see RED!! (1 Viewer)

Noreene Patrick

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
I have a new computer and I cannot see any color but blue and a yellow green...everything that should be red is black and the colors are drab.

I have been to control panel/display/settings (and every other tab) and color quality is 32 bit (highest) but the only colors are blue, black, white and yellow. Cannot get any red to show at all..even when I type in red in the color wheel, it will not show.

When I print a screen the red is there...

What could it be?

Thanks, Noreene

Last edited:

Noreene Patrick

Registered User.
Local time
I am glad you said something about the plug..I can't get the cable from monitor to cpu to completely plug in...One of the screws will not screw in on the cpu...so could this be the reason?

I have borrowed this monitor from my daughter until I can get a connector for my monitor to work (the ends of monitor cable and cpu plug are different and I have ordered a connector so my monitor will work). I didnt want to force the plug or do damage to my new computer by being forceful.

If this could be the problem, then I won't be concerned...I thought maybe my graphics card was a problem.

I dont know anything about seating the graphics card or knowing if latest drivers are installed. Just a dummy I guess!!

Thanks for you quick reply.

Noreene

Noreene Patrick

Registered User.
Local time
Well, thanks to you, boblarson, you solved my problem!!!

I turned off my computer, unhooked the monitor cable and saw that one pin was a little out of line..gently pulled it back in line, carefully connected it again and turned the computer back on and guess what??

It worked!!!!! I saw all the colors on my monitor..never knew something so small could cause this. And with the pin pulled back in place, the plug fit better so I didnt have to use force.

Thanks again to you. I deeply appreciate your help.

Noreene

Noreene Patrick

Registered User.
Local time
Hi ajetrumpet!!! Good to see you, too..I don't have many problems anymore simply because I DONT HAVE A JOB!!

But, just you wait. I will be needing all of you again on a regular basis soon.

Thanks to you all

Noreene

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
What job did you have? I would have guessed it was with a church? Based on what I did for you...

Noreene Patrick

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I was trying to help out my church with that program..I worked in payroll, accounts payable, admin assistant, gopher, some Access programming. You name it, I usually filled in where necessary.

And thanks again for that work you did for me. It was great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom