is HTML as much trouble as it seems? (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:58
just as the title seems. I just put together a newsletter inside of a mass mailing piece of software, and I had to format the page with HTML tables in dreamweaver and then paste the code into the mailing software. I spent about 2 hours formatting the letter with tables to make it strict so most mail servers would display it correctly. Is this out of range? Did I put too much work into this, and is there another way I can do this sort of stuff? I'm becomming a big fan of tables because it displays pretty much the same way in any mail server, whether it be gmail, yahoo, proprietary, or whatever...

Any comments on this? I really don't want to spend 2 hours every week if I have to write a letter like this again. Help??? thanks!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 15:58
You have my sympathy. Soon, (maybe not so soon) I will be faced with dealing with HTML and PHP. I look forward, with dread, at the learning curve.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
if ya need any help with PHP, let me know! :D

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:58
I guess you wanted it displayed in the body of the message but personally I would attach a pdf.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I guess you wanted it displayed in the body of the message but personally I would attach a pdf.
how often have you seen an email newsletter come in PDF form as an attachment? I've never seen one.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
how often have you seen an email newsletter come in PDF form as an attachment? I've never seen one.

Google "pdf newsletter". I get 235,000 hits so I guess they are not so rare as you might think.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Google "pdf newsletter". I get 235,000 hits so I guess they are not so rare as you might think.

234,995 of those are irrelavent and have no useful information other than advertisement litter. and by the way, so is the .65 seconds that the search took. do we really care about what google can do?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
234,995 of those are irrelavent and have no useful information other than advertisement litter. and by the way, so is the .65 seconds that the search took. do we really care about what google can do?

Google must have better servers in au. Only took 0.11 seconds here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom