Access Error 2950 (1 Viewer)

dmarquero

Local time
Today, 20:29
Hi ,

I am encountering this error everytime i open my published access application. My PC is newly reformatted so im thinking maybe there are some applications that needs to be installed first. I have already tried adding the directory to my trusted location but it still does not work. I also encountered an error that says " Missing Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library" I just ticked it off and use 2.8 instead. Im using win7.

Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• access error.PNG
    access error.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

jason_mag08

Local time
Today, 05:29
This issue normally comes when the database is not trusted by Access 2007. By default, Access 2007 opens databases that are not trusted in Disabled mode. In Disabled mode, executable content is disabled. Have a look here for solution: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931407/error-message-when-you-run-a-macro-that-calls-a-vba-function-in-an-access-2007-database-action-failed-error-number-2950

dmarquero

Local time
This issue normally comes when the database is not trusted by Access 2007. By default, Access 2007 opens databases that are not trusted in Disabled mode. In Disabled mode, executable content is disabled. Have a look here for solution: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931407/error-message-when-you-run-a-macro-that-calls-a-vba-function-in-an-access-2007-database-action-failed-error-number-2950

Hi jason_mag08 ,Thank you! I've already tried this but it says that my database is a trusted by access.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:29
The causes I was able to find for error 2950 were

1. Database in an untrusted location

2. Author/owner of database not trusted

3. Permissions are insufficient - you need MODIFY class access to the folder and contents for that database.

4. Missing or incorrect reference.

dmarquero

Local time
The causes I was able to find for error 2950 were

1. Database in an untrusted location

2. Author/owner of database not trusted

3. Permissions are insufficient - you need MODIFY class access to the folder and contents for that database.

4. Missing or incorrect reference.

Hi The_Doc_Man, I think it's the reference I had an error "Missing Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library" But i just untick it in the reference tab. I've been looking on ways on how to install 6.1 Library do you have any idea about this?

Thank you!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:29
You should have gotten this module (or a compatible one) when you installed Access. However, there are options that can be tailored regarding what is installed or not, and you can do a re-install to add some features that weren't originally installed.

For a "newly reformatted PC" I would expect that a lot of options didn't make it, but I'm surprised that Access itself survived a reformatting. Did you install from an Office kit that contained Access or from a separate Access-only kit? That's curiosity on my part only, as either kit (a) should be able to support a re-install and (b) should contain the options required to install the ActiveX library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom