Enough! (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:43
my aunt and uncle the live down in FL in a place called The Villages and there temperatures in the winter time are 60s and 70s. on a side note, the retirees down there have no cars, cuz all living essentials can be accessed by way of golf cart travel. :rolleyes:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:43
Italy is close to the equator, no?
I would've never known Naples even existed on the map if I hadn't watched The Bourne Supremacy.
You just confirmed what I said in the political post about Americans and geography. My apologies to those US citizens who don't fall into that category as I realize you can't put everyone in the same basket. But we all make generalizations, EH?

Y'all probably think all Canucks end every sentence with "eh". I avoid it for exactly that reason.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Y'all probably think all Canucks end every sentence with "eh".
that's what we always thought in high school. we even starting ending our own sentences with "eh?" at one point just to make fun of you guys. and I have never heard of the word "canuck"

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I have never heard of the word "canuck"
I guess you're not a hockey fan then. NHL; Vancouver. Ring a bell now?
Playing golf in Florida with my friend. 2 Yanks made a joke about 'eh'. As we drove to the ball he says to me "I don't say 'eh' do I?"

My response - "Is the Pope Catholic?"

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
:D nice. the only thing I know about hockey is from my hockey cards back when i was collecting them for their value. and the only players' cards I had were Wayne Gretsky and Eric Lindross.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:43
I guess you're not a hockey fan then. NHL; Vancouver. Ring a bell now?
Playing golf in Florida with my friend. 2 Yanks made a joke about 'eh'. As we drove to the ball he says to me "I don't say 'eh' do I?"

My response - "Is the Pope Catholic?"

When I was at sea, we had a lot of Geordies (natives of Newcastle Upon Tyne) in our company.
The chief engineer one night was going on about how people always think Geordies always say 'Wye Eye Mun' (basically a Yes), and that it was a misconception.

A few minutes later I asked 'Chief, do you want a beer?' to which he responded.........

Yes exactly that. :D

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
In Central California we basically have two seasons. Hot and dry (highs in the summer up to about 110 Fahrenheit). Cool and wet (hopefully enough rain to fill the reservoirs) and rarely any snow, but the mountains are close by if you want snow. Of course the gas prices are running a bit high (~$3.50 / gal). Our governor is raising billions of dollars from the gas tax (supposed to pay for transportation infrastructure) . Local sales tax is about 9%. But my property tax is lower than a lot of other places (but then my house is worth less then $100,000).

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
(but then my house is worth less then $100,000).
how in the world did you manage that!? U must not be living anywhere close to one of the big cities out there? The median home price in those tech communities and surrounding areas are in the millions aren't they?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Regarding Italy and the Equator (via Google)

Italy is located 3,259.92 mi (5,246.34 km) south of the North Pole. How far is Italy from the equator and on what hemisphere is it? Italy is 2,960.43 mi (4,764.34 km) north of the equator, so it is located in the northern hemisphere.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Regarding seasons: New Orleans has a miserable summer but a really pleasant winter. Our autumns are mild and dry with occasional showers. Our springs are blustery and wet. Though it is a great event, the Louisiana Jazz and Heritage Festival (locally: Jazz Fest) is ALWAYS in the midst of monsoon season. So some locals call it "Mud Fest" instead of Jazz Fest.

When dear wife Linda and I were vacationing in Canada, if you believe what you see printed on a T-shirt, they have only two seasons: Winter and construction. As soon as the ground freezes, work stops. I'll say this: I don't know if the shirt was right or not but every day that we were in Canada, it wasn't winter and we saw the typical orange and reflective white barrels, cones, and barricades every day, often three or four different places.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
the Louisiana Jazz and Heritage Festival (locally: Jazz Fest) is ALWAYS in the midst of monsoon season.
we used to vacation for an entire month every year in keystone colorado and we could literally set our watch by the monsoons in the month of July out there. Sure enough, by 1 or 2pm the sky was full of dark blue clouds ready to dump the rain.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
There are few houses worth a lot, but I am in a fairly poor area of California (say a lot of low wage earners). Also my house is pretty small and fairly old. 800 square feet and built in 1975.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom