Marketing the Right Way (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:57
OK,

I've just built a really useful little app. (In fact I have a number of ready to go solutions)

BUT

I dont have a decent web site

I dont have an e-mail list I can use

I don't know how to construct decent marketing e-mails anyway.

SO

does anyone know of any organisation that could help with this. Either fee-based or Royalty based.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Dave I get all my stationary, website, email & marketing done by one company. If you want details them PM me.

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:57
I agree - wish there was a easy way of marketing our products as I'm sure most of us are sitting with a nice app somewhere...

Thinking of the top of my head - wonder if Admin could create a special section for this. Where each guy can give a brief description of his (Access only) app and a website link.

This might open a can of worms as Commercial companies would pull in from everywhere to get free advertising yes, but maybe it could be given to members with more than a certain amount of posts/reputation level.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 07:57
I suggested the idea of generating some revenue for both this forum and individuals who regularly contribute to the forums on this thread
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=192563 in the site suggestions. Someone with a trusted track record like Dave would have his reputation as a good source of information and help as the best marketing tool, nothing speaks louder then spontaneous accolades of people who have been helped in the past.
If you are selling as licenses for your apps then you may as well start here by putting a link back to yourself on twitter and facebook in your signature. Just make sure your EULA is applicable in multi jurisdictions so not one can thief your intellectual property.

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:57
Nice idea yes - I have my url in my signature, but my produt is geared for the South African market as it is based on the labour law here.
Cheers

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57
Dave,

What I do is call businesses (small) and the call is basic and the goal is to get their email address. The basis of the call is about data base, Excel and email etc.

I then send the email with a paragraph or so plus a link to my website which is www.jessapex.com

The design of that website came after many trials. As you can see it is setup to sell websites at the moment and with Access/MSOffice stuff on the buttons. If I am going in direct for Access/MSOffice then that replaces the three sections on the opening page and the website stuff goes on the buttons.

Here is another version which we use for insurance and as you can see the design is identical www.jessapex.com/insurance

One of the key points is that on a 768 vertical resolution (most laptops) the person can see all the vital things without scrolling, that is, they can see the tops of what is on the bottom haf of the page.

In australia we get the following results.

It takes 8.7 phone attempts (in other words "dialings) to get an email out. That results in 5.2 emails going per hour. It takes 8.3 email to get a sale. So ittakes about 90 minutes on th phne to get a sale.

Last edited:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:57
hey Dave,

I did all the emailing for that startup co. neuropro. It was useless because my efforts were not accompanied by the funding, but making newsletters and stuff in HTML is really quite simple in an editor like dreamweaver, which is what i used. we sent out thousands of emails a week and we used PHP to do some and we used atomic mail sender to do the rest. i just mention this because with the skills i brought to the team, we did all the marketing absolutely free because HTML formatting in dreamweaver is free. and this is exactly what some marketers do, except they can do it faster cuz their experts.

a nickel's worth of free advice to you mr. access guru.

G81

Registered User.
Local time
Have you thought about a google and facebook campaign, along with using twitter and other social networking. You'll obviously need a website first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom