I want to work in USA or Newziland (1 Viewer)

Haroundb

Local time
Today, 15:36
I have 14+ years experience in MS Access with extensive use of VBA and can do literally anything with VBA.

I Want to work in USA OR Newzilland because I heard that they appreciate talented people which I consider myself one (just because I love programming more than anyone imagine)

Anyone can help me to achieve this is well thanked , because that is all I can give right now.

I live in Sultanate of Oman and I am Egyptian.

Thanks everyone...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 07:36
Literally anything? Neat! I've always wanted to see Access get up and start tap-dancing around a stage singing Que Sera Sera while blasting Steve Jobs with a P-57 Space Modulator!

Haroundb

Local time
Literally anything? Neat! I've always wanted to see Access get up and start tap-dancing around a stage singing Que Sera Sera while blasting Steve Jobs with a P-57 Space Modulator!

Sarcastic and irrelevant...

Anyway you are right but I still hold my word "laterally anything"

Haroundb

Local time
There should be someone who have faith in talent, who will understand what I want to say!

:eek:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:36
I'm no immigration expert, but my guess is that you would need to have a business in either country sponsor you to get a work visa. Therefore, there is a low probability that anybody on a forum like this can help you.

By the way, unless you're referring to a country I'm not familiar with, it's New Zealand. I just got back from there; my daughter lives there and has a work visa.

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:36
Just for the record, I think he means "New Zealand."

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:36
Yes, I mentioned that 2.5 years ago. ;)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:36
English was obviously not his forté. I could say something nasty, but I won't. Instead I will point out that he spelled it more or less phonetically, and orthography/phonetics are a massive barrier for non-native English speakers.

I'm planning to emigrate to Poland if and when I strike it rich in business. The great thing about Polish is that it is pronounced (generally) how it's spelled, which makes things much easier, e.g. Zawsze się czesam z przedziałkiem, "I always comb my hair with a part." That IS easy, is it not? ;)

It's going to be harder to make a living in Poland than it is in Australia, but I'm working on breaking down the language barrier, as well as perfecting my computing talents so that I can enrich both of these beautiful countries.

Strengthening ties between the north and the south,
- Leo C.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 11:36
The hardest thing about learning Polish is learning their Alphabet Phonetics, once you have mastered that and know how each letter is pronounced it is easy to speak, not so easy to put everything into Polish Structure Context with a native Pol looking at you strangely...lol

I had a Polish girlfriend for about 18 months, and although her english was really good her phonetics were still in a Polish Mindest...

I remember driving through the countryside with her one day when she exclaimed that there was A Ship in the field... I looked, it was Sheep, still chuckle about that today, I looked everywhere for that bloody Ship...lol

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 05:36
My experience indicates the MSAccess / MSExcel / VBA market in the USA has all but vanished. You will starve here if those are your primary skills.
For over six months, I applied to every opportunity for VBA / SQL related opportunities in my region. The pay rates have dropped over half (again). A technical writer now makes the same as an Access/Excel advanced programmer with decent T-SQL experience.
One of my favorite, just had to apply to talk to the (in-) Human Resource agent was an Advanced Access programmer that could also maintain the Web Site on Linux that could also maintain the grounds and trash for $18.00. Realize the average apartment rent within 10 miles of this place is $1,400 / Mo without utilities.
Another one for advanced Access Programming (plus CAD programming) required advanced Calculus. They wanted to pay $17 hr. The HR contact told me they thought this would be a job for a new college graduate because it was "only MS Access".
Many people that build MS Access advanced tools and database over the decades in this area had to learn other skills. The technical job market pay scale has dropped.
There are better opportunities in other non-technical work.
While Wall Street makes outrageous claims of "the best job market since the 1970's" the reality is very different. If the under employed, long-term unemployed and other employment situations were counted the same way as they did in the year 2000 decade, unemployment would easily be around 17% in the US.
Keeping a spreadsheet on Indeed.com jobs for Access / Excel VBA jobs, over 85% of them are fake. They offer positions, I apply. Those that do contact me close the position. Then about 90 days later, the job re-appears. This is probably to help Indeed get advertisement. Have been watching this cycle on Indeed for over 2 years.
Some of the "jobs" on Indeed.com are fake companies. They request a job application. a company background shows they are either not real at all or have many complaints for fraud. They ask for background details useful for an identity thief. This can include your Retirement fund so they can "advise you".
Other listings are very likely finding out how little they can pay for a position. For example, a person in the company is already doing this work and they want to have proof they don't need to give that existing person a raise in pay.
While living in a foreign country, $17 to $22 an hour may seem like a lot of money.
These positions are rarely 3 months to 6 months in length. The cost of living for US citizens with household incomes under $100,000 a year is very high.
In a poverty rural area where there are no technical jobs, a rental might be $500 a month. In the cities, don't be surprised if a 1 bedroom apartment is $1,400 a month.
However, if you want to work in the US, then my suggestion is to start here:
https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-completes-h-1b-cap-random-selection-process-fy-2019
The program is known as the H-1B. Since you are not from India, you might find the Lobbyist (lawyers paid to guide Civil Servants to favor their cause) prefer citizens from the Lobbyist's country. Without an H-1B status, employer might be considered a criminal to hire you.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 07:36
Interesting.

Even though I've deactivated my resumes pretty much everywhere, recruiters are still calling me pretty regularly with temporary Access positions ranging from $25 to $50 an hour, and every now and then with contract-to-hire positions starting at around $30 to $35 an hour for companies like Ford, GM, Blue Cross, etc.

Sure, I get the 'We need a VBA Expert for a 3 month position for $15 an hour' idiots just like everyone else, but they get weeded out quickly enough.

On the flipside, I can tell you that when we tried to find someone for a 9 month $30/hour position last year, the real difficulty was that we found precisely two qualified candidates in 3 months of looking. One lived in New Jersey and his recruiter hadn't told him it was a temporary position; that was a rude shock for him in the interview. Most of the rest of the applicants knew little if anything about Access, despite the job description stating that it was the primary requirement for the position.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 05:36
That sounds about right. The last assignment I had was the typical "emergency".
The one-year project was six months into the project. The big company took about six weeks at a time to realize the "programmer" knew absolutely nothing about Access / Excel VBA. When I cam in for the remaining 5 months, the deadline had not changed.
There was absolutely nothing previously done on the project that indicated intelligent life.
As luck would have it, I spent years implementing a government database for the EPA for water, wells, and everything associated. So, this information is useful for assisting the Industrial Hemp growers with water. It is also known as CBD.
In the meantime, I keep looking for other VBA opportunities. Have over 200 applications to review in my region. The results are sad.
Could not agree with you more that competent skills are not out there.
But, neither is the understanding or market until perhaps the oil industry comes back.
Oil is now at $70, perhaps it will see $80 by years end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom