Linking Web Submit Form to MS Access Database (1 Viewer)

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:48
Folks

I work for a college. I'm looking to get my workplace to develop a Web Form that can submit Applications from their website directly to an Access database.

Website is controlled by someone in Marketing and I'm being told that this isn't possible, which I know to be bollocks as I've used this in previous roles at other workplaces.

Before tackling them on it, I would be grateful for some views on proposed methodology.

Many thanks.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:48
what methodology was used in your previous roles in other workplaces? - it may have been possible there due to the how everything was set up - but doesn't mean things are set up the same where you are now.

Either way, if you want suggestions how it might be done, we need to know about your current setup. Where is the website server? How do users currently download data? What version of Access, where/what is the access backend etc.

SimplySarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:48
Either way, if you want suggestions how it might be done, we need to know about your current setup. Where is the website server? How do users currently download data? What version of Access, where/what is the access backend etc.

My thoughts exactly. This isn't the type of thing that would work universally on all setups. In order to be able to give you any advice, we would need to know that above information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom