need text in footer stay in place when detail section height is variable (1 Viewer)

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
Hello (again),
As shown in title, I have a report with some text in footer, which is moved down when I add rows in detail section. I need help to hold in place the footer text. I don't know, maybe some vba code to compensate the rows in detail section? (I don't think is relevant but I add that the numbers of rows in detail section is minimum 1 to maximum 4.)
Thank you in advance for any solution/suggestion you may have.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 06:35
the footer always stays in place...in the footer.
Irrelevant to the detail.

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
ok, maybe is not clear. I said TEXT in footer. I need to print on a preprinted document so the textboxes must remain in a fixed position in footer section. Problem is that when I add one row in detail section, the TEXT in footer section is automatically moved down with one row. I think is easy to see why this is bad on a preprinted document.
Now, maybe I must add that footer section in question is footer of a grouping field not the page footer.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:35
You need to test how many lines if detail it neef to fill the form before the foioter got printed. If you have less detail line you must fill it with blank rows.

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, this is a good idea. The problem is that I don't know how to 'write' a blank row.:confused:

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Today, 06:35
Put your text in the Page Footer section of the report, and it will always be in the same place on each page.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:35
You must add autonumber on your table. Base your report on a query.. create a table with field valuing 1 to 4. Union the table to the query u made. The criteria is

Where fieldvalue < dcount("*", "queryname")

Select autonumberfield,field1, field2 from queryname
Union
Select fieldValue, "", "" from newtable where fieldvalue < dcount("*", "queryname")

This will give you a recordset with 4 records regardless.

senseidan

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you arnelgp. Thank you Wayne. Both solutions works. In my case, if I will have to keep text in grouping footer, the only solution is arnelgp's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom